Is this okay to wear ice skating indoors?

I'm going to a bday party to an indoors ice skating rink, and was planning to wear a pair of skinny jeans that have a rip at the knee, tights underneath, a tshirt with a tank top underneath, and a hoodie. Is this okay to wear? I don't own any leggings, jeggings, or yoga pants. :(

9 Answers

Relevance
  • K
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Cheshire-Cat you are an idiot. Girls wear yoga pants and leggings to skating because it allows them the freedom of movement that they need.

Skinny jeans are not a good idea to wear skating. At all. Not only will they restrict your movement (especially if you are wearing tights under them!), once they get wet, they will stay wet, and be extremely uncomfortable.

Do you have a pair of sweatpants? Exercise pants of any kind? I just can't believe you don't own anything other than jeans...

Source(s): figure skater
  • 7 years ago

While not the best choice of attire, jeans are okay to wear to a skating party but be prepared to get wet and cold if you fall. You will want to wear socks that go higher then your ankle, no slim or hidden socks. Skinny jeans and jeans with holes are not a good choice, even with tights underneath.

Ask yourself what would you wear to play football in the fall. That's what you should wear skating. This is a sport and involves lots of movement even at the beginner/recreational level.

• 7 years ago

I wouldn't recommend jeans because 1 they give you little freedom of movement and 2 if you fall which is very likely even if you will be clinging on the the side board the denim will get wet and it doesn't dry out quickly which means it will be very heavy tiring and cold and uncomfortable for you to wear.

• L&M
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Good luck in trying to get skates on and laced in skinny jeans. Skinny jeans are made for models to stand in and look like mannequins. Get a pair of sweatpants, they're cheap enough and easy to find. You need pants you can move in.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Leggings, jeggings, and yoga pants worn with a shorter top in public is completely slutty.

Leggings are for skirts and dresses, maybe long shirts.

Jeggings aren't bad to wear with a regular top, but they bother me.

Yoga pants with a short top piss me off. It's obvious girls wear em to show off their asses, if you aren't doing yoga or lounging around at home, DON'T WEAR BLOODY YOGA PANTS.

What you are wearing sounds completely fine, although maybe try a pair of jeans without a hole, because even with the tights it'll be really cold when/if you fall.

Have fun! :)

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Yoga for Beginners http://givitry.info/LearnAboutYoga/?Dlk0
  • 7 years ago

If you're not gonna do any triple jumps combinations, then why shouldn't it be ok? Skating if fun, jeans is something that fits perfect ;)

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

As long as the jeans arnt REALLY tight and allow you to move your knee's freely then yes it will be fine but it is warm inside there. Even tho is ICE its really warm

Lv 7
    7 years ago

Absolutely not!

Is this some kind of twisted joke?

Get you pyjamas on and do it properly

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.