VA First time Home buyers loan?

My husband was medically discharged Sept of 2012, after his tour in Afghanistan. He served 3 years when he was injured and discharged. We got married in May of 2012 and have been renting our current home, but with another child on the way its time for us to buy and settle down. We own our land. So we are want... show more My husband was medically discharged Sept of 2012, after his tour in Afghanistan. He served 3 years when he was injured and discharged.

We got married in May of 2012 and have been renting our current home, but with another child on the way its time for us to buy and settle down. We own our land. So we are want to buy a double wide mobile home to live in until we can build our own home.

I have no clue as to how the VA loans work and neither does my husband but we were told that it would be easier to go through the VA then our bank. We are really young I have no credit and he has fair credit. He is also partially disabled but its taking forever to have the claims processed, will this hinder if we get the loan or not?

So...how do we go about getting a First time home buyers loan from the VA?
What are the qualifications?
And how much money do the usually lend?

Any information would be helpful. I want to get the ball rolling (due in Sept) and please no rude comments. Thank you.
Update: @Go with the flow. My husband has a very good job, works 13-15 HR days and we are middle class, no where in this question did I mention our annual earnings so I don't know where your drawing your conclusions from.