Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 7 years ago

What things are there to do in, or near Gibraltar?

Me and my mum are going to Gibraltar on holiday in the summer,and we want to know what sort of things (cultural places, theme parks,beaches,shopping) you can do in Gibraltar or near the border .We're not hiring a car so we've got to be able to catch buses, trains etc. to them.

Favorite Answer

I live in Gibraltar and it is a tiny place with many things to do and getting to places within Gibraltar is very quick and easy.

Below is a list of possible things to do in Gibraltar;

1. Mediterranean steps (if you are fit) - Historic walks where you'll find some breath taking views

2. St Michael's Cave

3. Lower St Michael's Cave (AMAZING but must be fit)

4. Apes Den

5. Cable car - It'll take you to the Ape's den

6. World War II tunnels if you're into history

7. Alameda botanic garden (Right next to the cable car)

8. The dolphin Safari - This is in Ocean village where you'll find some of the best restaurants in GIbraltar.

9. Europa point with amazing views of the Straights of Gibraltar & Africa. You also have a big park for the kids and the Mosque

10. The Moorish Castle

11. The Gibraltar Museum

12. Beaches - Catalan Bay where you have nice restaurants with great fresh fish. Eastern Beach, Camp Bay which has a big pool for public free of charge.

If you want me to recommend some restaurants please let me know & I will be happy to do so.

Hope you enjoy our beautiful rock of Gibraltar.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): gibraltar: https://biturl.im/PgTfa

i'm going to Gibraltar and Magala in the summer too :)

Go on tripadvisor

Barbary Apes

The rock of gibraltar

Boat trips (dolphin watching etc)

Museums

Gibraltar is close to Morroco you can catch a ferry :) for a day out

go to Rondo look it up

loook it up (:

i have been there a few times ..if you don't hire your going nowhere fast ..and a lot depends how the spanish police are behaving at the time ..to get to gib you have to go through spanish customs ..they can be very funny ..then you have to go across the runway to get on the rock ...trying to get buses etc will take up most of day

You should have gone on holiday to Devonport, the people are friendlier.

It's full of pissed up ex-forces types getting morbidly drunk like they are still in the merchant navy on shore leave and then having a fight and the general rudeness you encounter in pubs and hotels from staff and customers alike is literally breathtaking, kinda like British hotels and pubs were in the 1970's, with soggy roast dinners and flat beer. The town is basically grubby flats and stinky sewer outlets, I didn't bother to go up and have a monkey crap on my car and pull my hair.

I hope you didn't book into the Bristol hotel either, its like a crack house and you guessed it the staff don't give the smallest piece of crap

Source(s): You probably think I am trolling your question, but I'm not. it will be a cold day in hell before i visit Gibraltar again, I almost kissed the tarmac when I was back in Spain