Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 8 years ago

求下面文章的翻譯

Unit 16 Mistakes and Problems

BBB Release: Hotels: Check Out Before Checking In

From bed bugs to billing blunders, unanswered and unresolved complaints reveal industry-wide patterns for "Hotels" in Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington.

According to Better Business Bureau records, the majority of hotel complaints deal with billing and refund issues. In many cases, consumers report unexpected or unreasonable fees for cancellations, package upgrades or room amenities.

Those who report complaints maintain that, when issues arise, staff often become curt and refer complaints to their managers . Dissatisfied customers seeking refunds, discounts or other solutions find that the time limit for resolution has passed by the time they finally speak to the right person.

Unit 17 Giving Advice and Assistance

Missing item in hotels!

In a hurry to check out of the Mission Bay Resort on June 5, I left several items of clothing hanging in the closet of our room number 630. The next day, I realized I had forgot the clothes in the closet and immediately called the hotel. After more than 17 phone calls and a return trip back to the hotel (from Los Angles) specifically to pick up my items from the hotel, I was told nothing was recovered from the room and they were ultimately not responsible for any property left after check out.

The front desk told me all "lost" items are turned into security; I was transferred to security and left a message. After several attempts, I finally reached someone on June 15. Security told me the room we stayed in was cleaned by housekeeping and nothing was turned in as "lost/left behind". However, they told me it was possible that housekeeping could have missed items in the closet but because the room was already occupied with a "do not disturb" on the door no one could get into the room to check the closet for my clothes. So, I had to wait until the guests checked out and it took three days!

Rating
  • Jerry
    Favorite Answer

Unit 16 Mistakes and Problems

From bed bugs to billing blunders, unanswered and unresolved complaints reveal industry-wide patterns for "Hotels" in Alaska , Oregon and Western Washington .

Those who report complaints maintain that, when issues arise, staff often become curt and refer complaints to their managers . Dissatisfied customers seeking refunds, discounts or other solutions find that the time limit for resolution has passed by the time they finally speak to the right person.單元16 錯誤及問題BBB (Better Business Bureau)發行: 在 旅館(飯店) : 登記入住之前就要結帳離開的案例 從床位烏龍到帳單弄錯,未回覆以及未解決的多數申訴抱怨案件,突顯了在阿拉斯加、美國奧勒崗州 以及西部華盛頓州 整個旅館行業的形態。依據 較佳行業詢問處(BBB)的記錄,多數旅館的申訴抱怨案件,都是有關帳單及退款的問題。有許多案例,消費者告發的是取消訂房時突如其來的 或不合理的費用、全套升級提高價格或是環境設施。這些告發申訴抱怨者堅稱: 當問題發生時,員工經常很草率,並將申訴抱怨推給其經理。不滿意的顧客尋求退款、折價、或其他解決方法時發現,在他們最後找到該告知正確對象人物之前,已經過了解決的時間期限。

2013-04-14 15:48:35 補充:

單元17 建議及協助

在旅館遺失物品

6月5日時 匆匆忙忙從(Mission Bay Resort)度假旅館結帳離開時,我遺忘了好幾件掛在我們630房間衣櫥的衣服。隔天,我知道我把衣服遺忘在衣櫥內,立刻打電話到旅館。打了17通以上電話之後,還特地從洛杉璣回到旅館,要取回我的東西。我卻被告知在房間沒有發現任何東西,最後他們並不對結帳離開後的任何財物負責。

櫃台告訴我,所有遺失物品會送到保全,所以我被送到保全處要留下一些資訊。多次嘗試之後,最後在6月15日我找到某人。

2013-04-14 15:48:41 補充:

保全告訴我,我們所住的房間已由後勤清潔,且沒有任何遺留物當作失物送回。但是,他們告訴我,後勤也有可能仍將失物留在衣櫥內,但因該房間已經入住且門上掛了”勿打擾”,所以沒有人可以進房查看櫥內的衣物。所以,我只得等客人結帳離開,這需要3天。