Does a chiropractors note count as a doctors note?

So whilst at the gym yesterday, I suffered a spontaneous back spasm in the middle of an exercise (hack squats on leg press machine). Been doing this exercise for ages and have never had an issue form-wise, so I have no idea what went wrong. My lower back was incredibly sore and I've been resting since, as... show more So whilst at the gym yesterday, I suffered a spontaneous back spasm in the middle of an exercise (hack squats on leg press machine). Been doing this exercise for ages and have never had an issue form-wise, so I have no idea what went wrong. My lower back was incredibly sore and I've been resting since, as it's hard to move around with such a large amount of pain.

Since this has happened over the weekend, my chiropractor isn't available until Monday, so I'm all booked in for then to get this problem sorted out.

My problem is however, that I have university assignments due this week that I had planned on doing over the weekend but I can't sit myself up for more than 5 minutes let alone focus on them through the constant nagging pain in my back. As a result, I fear that the quality of the essays will drop significantly, assuming I can even complete them in time to meet the deadline.

I like to think that surely if it's hindering me and making me unable to work on my assignments that I can apply for an extension, which of course, requires a doctors note. Surely in this situation a chiropractors note would have the same effect as a doctors note, if not more, considering that they have more expertise in dealing with situations like mine.

In short, does a chiropractors note have the same validity as a doctors note for university assignment extensions, considering my type of injury? Really hoping it does, or I'm royally screwed :(