Bettie asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

How skinny is too skinny?

How skinny is too skinny in your honest opinion? I just want to see different views on this topic.

• S

After you get past personal opinion as to what is too skinny you should look at medical opinion.

The bare minimum amount of body fat a woman needs to stay healthy is about 8% of her total weight. Some women with naturally large breasts may require more, possibly as much as 18%. When a woman's body fat drops below 5%, she has lost much of the essential fat needed to maintain her life. She can expect her body to use other sources to fulfill her body's energy demands. Too little body fat could be potentially fatal.

Male bodybuilders can drop as low as 3-4% body fat when preparing for bodybuilding competitions. However, just as with women that drop below 5% this is not considered a healthy level. Most men will find 6 to 12% a sustainable level where you should still be able to see your abs, but they will likely not be as defined at the double digit levels as in the 6-7% body fat range.

Body fat scales & calipers are everywhere & fairly cheap.

Too skinny is unhealthy skinny.

If your BMI is extremely underweight (If it's at a 17 it isn't too bad but a 15 or below isn't good..)

If I can see your bones and your unhealthy looking (Ie; Scary pale with sunken in eyes and your hair looks like its falling out..) not good.

Well if your a girl and 5'9 and weigh 90 lbs, that's a little to skinny. When you can see all the bones and it become unbearable and what not.

I'm a guy and I typically don't like the girls who try to be "model" skinny. I'd prefer a girl who is fairly skinny but actually has some curves

• Too skinny is below your natural weight in my opinion(the weight that medium to light exercise and a balanced diet puts you at).

If you're an adult or a teen and you weigh less than 80 pounds is to skinny. One should weigh about 90-100 pounds atleast.

When you are starting to look like you're hitting the crack pipe... Your Jaws And cheekbones Start to sink in, You can see all the ribs in your body, You can see your pelvic bones, Your skinnier than Olive oil (Popeyes girlfriend)!!!

• A A

Like fir a 24 year old female to be weighing 100 pounds or less.

When your elbows are the thickest part of your arms.

When you can see bones I like girls with alittle meat on them =D>