Nick asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

Is it a good idea to mix amino acid and preworkout powder together?

I have muscle pharm preworkout and amino acids and would it be a good idea wo mix the two before I left Monday wendsday Friday and then just drink the amino acids (1) every other day

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No. You want to be at a maximum energy, maximum catabolic state going into your workout. If you eat amino acids (or protein) before working out, you'll take away from your body's energy for maximum muscular output. Amino acids and protein are anabolic (repairing of muscles), carbs are catabolic (promoting of energy for better output to break down the muscle for later rebuilding [anabolic]). A better addition to your preworkout shake would be coconut oil.

Have your amino acids after working out or later in the evening.

Source(s): Lots of personal experience and research
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Amino Acid Pre Workout

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is it a good idea to mix amino acid and preworkout powder together?

I have muscle pharm preworkout and amino acids and would it be a good idea wo mix the two before I left Monday wendsday Friday and then just drink the amino acids (1) every other day

Source(s): good idea mix amino acid preworkout powder together: https://tr.im/VMQWR
  • floran
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Amino Pre Workout

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I drink my pre-workout drink about 30 minutes before my workout, then take my BCAA drink out to my gym and drink it during my workout. Protein drink after workout.

I like BSN's HYPER FX or MHP's X-Fit TRAINER for my pre-workout drink - they kick!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.