Magic: The Gathering Chromatic Lantern?

If a basic land has "(tap): Add one mana of any color to your mana pool", could I, say, tap a Mountain for red and green? Or does it only count as one mana of any color?

To be clear, I'm asking if the tap ability negates or basically makes pointless the basic land's ability to tap for its own color of mana. I'm asking if the tap ability can be fired alongside the basic land's innate ability to tap for its own mana.

• Peter
    Favorite Answer

Basically, CL gives the lands 5 new abilities, each one is Tap: add mana to your mana pool. The abilities do not stack. This would be like putting a dollar bill into a vending machine and expecting 2 dollar items back, it just doesnt work that way.

Source(s): MTG Judge and longtime player.

Nope, as you'll only be able to pay for the "tap cost" once.

Like how if a creature had B: Target Creature gains +1/+1 until end of turn and B: Target Creature loses -1/-1 until end of turn, you couldn't pay with a single B to get both.