Sometimes when my mom heats up marinara sauce from the jar it looks like it's bubbling but?

then after she puts it on my plate it's not really that hot, not like it normally should be.

I just wondered if it is safe to eat this way? Can anything happen if you eat pasta sauce from the jar not heated completely?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It will still be safe to eat as it will be well cooked when it went into the jar.

Ask your mother to heat it for a while longer before serving

Hman

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

It's already cooked when it goes into the jar.

When you put it in the pot, the bottom of the pot gets warm, which heats up the sauce at the bottom. But the rest of the sauce can stay cold. Pasta sauce is so thick, that it doesn't circulate easily. The answer is to stir it occasionally while it is in the pot or just microwave it.

Just because someone claims to be a doctor doesn't mean that they are. The meat in the sauce is already completely cooked. Raw meat would be a problem, but meat that has already been cooked and canned does not need to be heated to be safe. When the sauce it put into the jar and sealed, the jar is heated enough to kill anything that might want to grow in it. That's why you don't refrigerate unopened bottles and cans of sauce. Once it has been opened, mold spores that are in the air everywhere will fall into the sauce and could start to grow. That's why you refrigerate the sauce after opening it.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

This is very dangerous, i am a doctor so i know..especially if it has real tomatoes in it or any meat product. Do not eat pasta sauce unless it is heated completely, if it is heated in a jar it can also be dangerous, there are chemicals that cause cancer in the jar and the microwave that if eaten often will change your cellular make up and give you cancer. Please be careful when eating marinara sauce.

• 8 years ago

Nothing will happen but try putting the sauce on the pasta then heating it up in the microwave

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

It's completely cooked. You could spoon it cold from the jar.

• 8 years ago

Its totally fine! all it is is tomato sauce and other vegetables...

Source(s): Simple..
  • 8 years ago

No problem at all.

• 8 years ago

no prob

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.