Help? need to get rid of spots!?

I have a bit of spots (acne) on my face, back, and chest, its really bad on my back, abit on my chest, and my face isn't really that bad, all it is, is, some on my forhead and chin. I get the odd one on my nose when I'm due. My sister has really bad acne and has since around before teenage years. I'm so sick of them. Don't tell me anything about eating chocolate or wearing foundation as I do both. But my main question is, how do I get rid of them fast? I can't splash out on fancy expensive stuff, so maybe something I can buy on eBay, for a tester, before I buy the real thing.

So anything that really helps acne?

Also, I wanted to know... Does Vaseline Petroleum Jelly work?

Please help!:-)

I heard toothpaste applied to the area is quite effective. It helps close the pores or something. Trying purchasing some spit cream too. But try to get quite an expensive one so it'll work efficiently. Other than that I don't know what to suggest really. Hopefully they'll go in time if it's teenage acney.

1% Hydrocortisone cream clears up acne quick..!