I want to visit Russia but I heard they hate Americans and that I'll get jumped so should I not go?

Favorite Answer

Ordinary tourists should travel to sightseeing tours in groups. Russians them selfs are the same as us to recognize a foriegn tourist. Like if you walk a street alone after dayliite hours then you will be noticed and it wont matter what country you are from. So yes go but go with friends or join a siight seeing tour. Don't worry if you are a American. But be with friends when you go out at night.

You will be alright. We have a lot of turists here in Russia, and they are all fine. We Russians will not harm you (why should we?). If you visit some non-russian areas of Russia like Caucasus, you may have problems, but everywere else, you will be fine.

Source(s): A Russian from Russia.

I wouldn't recommend it as a tourists, maybe if you go with an organization. Not every Russian reflects the views of its government (over there very few do), just like not every American reflects the views of its government. Your better off visiting Nordic Countries though like Sweden, with a "Right to Roam" law you can actually venture more of the country, it is a geographically prettier country that sports far less pollution, and the climate is similar and the culture less hostile. You may try Switzerland as well.

• Ruslan

If you aren't an arrogant American, you will not have problems in Russia.

omg seriously! can you people stop reading outdated rumors and playing all these call of duty games where you start thinking that russians are terrorists. Its all fake. why would we blow up americans? what have we done to make you guys think all this about us? We are very nice people and dont have these evil ideas. So you are welcome :)

Source(s): im russian
  • ?

Just tell them you are a Canadian and you will not have any problem