Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Is the Garden of Eden an allegory for hunter gathering societies?

Where disease was non existent, population numbers were stable, and male and female were equal?

No, I just pulled it out of my head...

Favorite Answer

No, I think the Garden of Eden was a lot better than that. Plus, only Adam and Eve lived in the garden of Eden, no one else, so it wouldn't exactly be a society.

You have no idea what an allegory is.

This is in my opinion the first good book from this man but it does put people like you to the wall.

Surfaces and Essences: Analogy as the Fuel and Fire of Thinking

Douglas Hofstadter (Author), Emmanuel Sander (Author)

"The answer to all these questions, of course, is analogy-making—the meat and potatoes, the heart and soul, the fuel and fire, the gist and the crux, the lifeblood and the wellsprings of thought. Analogy-making, far from happening at rare intervals, occurs at all moments, defining thinking from top to toe, from the tiniest and most fleeting thoughts to the most creative scientific insights."

If it were an allegory then the most important points would be secondary or tertiary!!! Like the idiots who claim to be shocked at a talking snake, you find even GOD secondary to some banal point about early man.

Did you just finish reading Daniel Quinn's "Ishmael?"

No.

The bible means what it says