Fighting unemployment?

I live in the state of Missouri. The reason i was fired was ridiculous. The reasoning was because my manager was constantly yelling at me at work so i decided to record her finally. I have about a minute and a half recording of her screaming and yelling at me. I let the district manager listen to it and she had to give me a call back. She finally called back and said that i had to of provoked her for some reason and that i was fired because of it. I have been applying for unemployment however i just received a letter today stating that the reason they are saying i was fired was because i lost the keys to the store and failed to report doing so, which is the farthest from the truth and have turned in the keys that day. Now they are giving me the option to appeal this. I was wondering what would be the best way to go about this appeal to win it? No other workers were working at the time of the incident so i have no witnesses, only a text message to a previous co worker that was fired about a week before me saying i was fired and then explaining why.. the real reason, not what they are saying. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Mentor
    Favorite Answer

Most of the time you will have to appeal in this cases and ask for a hearing. Be sure you appeal on time. At the hearing, you can ask the hearing judge for all the evidence you need. Be sure you ask for it to be subpoenaed as you have this right and the judge will usually grant it for due process under the law. Ask for everything you did to document you tried to protect your employment, recordings, emails, employee policy book, witnesses you spoke with, co-workers that also exhibited this pattern of behavior with management, your personnel file. Also review your unemployment case file. In addition, question the person who is accusing you about the keys. Your boss cannot testify about someone else accusing you, the employer would have to bring evidence or testimony from the person who is saying that about you. You can prove the recording led to this and will be successful.

First maximum agencies ought to hire a non experienced worker or new graduated pupils, then supply them a gross sales that they are able to benifit from and not be broke via the 1st week of the month 2d, the financial residing in lebanon ought to cut back and not advance, alongside with telephones, autos, foodstuff, lease, or in the event that they dont choose to cut back it, properly a minimum of make the gross sales wages greater than 2 hundred usd 0.33, Why lebanon is barely based completely on tourisim, they should locate something else for a transformation, like open offshore agencies or something i dont understand , im no longer an financial grad:P Fourth, end ideas drainage, come on, while the conflict occured, doha opened the visa for all lebanese, 20 000 LEBANESE got here to doha in one month, and stayed right here... 5th, the scholars reading in lebanon, ought to significant in something that lebanon has a intense call for on and not basically corporation or computing gadget technological understanding

You could have problems entering the tape recording as evidence in court since you made the recording without her permission which could make it inadmissable. It depends on the laws in your state.

It's obvious they made up a lie because of your proof so I would hold onto it. If anything, you might be able to keep it out of court and work toward a settlement with a lawyer.

Source(s): I knew somebody in a similar situation

Fighting unemployment? Get a job!