Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

What are some good book series?

Like the hunger games or twilight

Favorite Answer

You should try The Selection by Kiera Cass. It's like Hunger Games because of all the division of rank in the community. It's futuristic, about a new America where the type of people are classified by numbers, One through Seven. One being royalty, and Seven being the homeless people. Although this has less chaos, and is like a real version of The Bachelor. Trust me, it's awesome. Also a page-turner and you're going to fall in love with it halfway through the story. I did.

How about books by Meg Cabot? I personally like Avalon High (about the reincarnation of King Arthur, very teeny, trust me), Vanished (about a teenage girl who suddenly develops a power to decipher where a missing person is, dating a bad-boy who owns a bike), and the Mediator series (about a girl who can see ghosts and helps them, in love with a ghost that lives in her bedroom, teeny). They're all for teens, but you'd be surprised by how twisted and adventurous every other story is. A bit like the usual 'boy meets girl' stuff, but only better.

Also, the Lorien Legacies series by Pittacus Lore? The books are I Am Number Four, The Power of Six, The Rise of Nine, and about 8 extras called I Am Number Four: Lost Files. The story is about 10 aliens from a faraway planet who came to Earth to hide from the Mogadorians--the monsters who are hunting for them. They develop certain legacies or powers that can help them defend themselves (e.g. invisibility, shape shifting, animal telepathy, super speed, super strength, underwater breathing, night vision, etc) These 10 are named by number--One through Ten. They are the only ones left from their race and it is up to them to restore their civilization. One, Two, and, Three are dead. Now it's up to the others to fight for their planet and survive. It's really amazing, action-packed, page-turner, you're going to love it. I did. There's more to the story but I won't spoil you. Trust me, it's awesome!

You should also try reading Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth, it is often compared to Hunger Games because of its dystopian setting. It's about a future Chicago wherein people are divided by their personalities (kind, smart, brave, honest, and selfless) or something like that. They may have some similar attributes, but trust me, they are two completely different stories. You'll love it. Well, I sure did. :D

These are really great books. And do trust me when I say that you're going to enjoy them, because you sure as hell are. Swear.

Anyway, happy reading!

Source(s): bookworm

Harry Potter (MUST MUST MUST)

Divergent (If you like the Hunger Games you'll love it) The second book is called Insurgent and the third will come out October 22.

Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld (this is just amazing)

Percy Jackson series [5 books] followed by Heroes of Olympus series [Also 5 books, but books 4 & 5 not out yet] (this has to be one of my favorite series ever. and don't worry if you don't know Greek mythology, you don't have to! You'll learn a bit as you read. Happened to me)

The Lord of The Rings (I just love this)

The Mortal Instruments series and The Infernal Devices series (it doesn't matter which u read first)

the Gone series

Beautiful Creatures series

Maximum Ride series

The Maze Runner series

The Fault in Our Stars

Num8ers (this is so cool)

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Matched series

Graceling

The Chronicles of Narnia

Inkheart series

The Kane Chronicles series

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series

Book of Ember series

Artemis Fowl series (highly recommend it)

The Host

The Last Survivors series

I Am Number Four series

Source(s): avid book reader.

I definitely agree with the person above, for sure check out the Harry Potter series, REALLY amazing! And if you're thinking, "Pfft, Harry Potter, that's all strange and wizard-y, I'm not reading that!" Let me tell you that's EXACTLY what I thought a year ago. And then I decided, "What do I have to lose?" And I tried it out at the beginning of the school year; it was AMAZING! I just wasn't very willing before to try something out of my comfort zone and the moment I did I discovered a truly creative and amazing series that kept me occupied for a long time. And the movies are really good too!

I've also read Twilight and The Hunger Games as well, and I figured if I could read a book about vampire-teenage romance then I could sure as heck read a book about wizards! :)

I highly recommend...

The House of Night Series

The Sisters Grimm Series

The Mysterious Benedict Society Series

The Missing and The 39 Clues

The Missing- 30 kids are stolen from history, like King Edward V of England, who is said to have been killed by his uncle, Richard III, to control the throne. Virginia Dare was the first English child born in the New World in the Roanoke Colony. She goes back in time to find her lost colony and save them.

The 39 Clues- This is like The Hunger Games, except there is no killing... well, there sort of is. The Cahills are the most powerful families in the world with four branches, who are competing with each other to find the 39 clues.

Inheritance series: though it is not really for the female. For no particular reason, but most of the female specimen simply do not find it enjoyable.

Witch&Wizard: It's a great novel, by James Patterson. It holds a female, and a male character, and it has a great plot. The New World Order conquers, and is looking for Whit and Wisteria Allgood, two magicians.

Percy Jackson series: It's a great book, about Greek Mythology, and it is full of drama, action, and dimwitted humor. Written by Rick Riordan

Heroes of Olympus: By Rick Riordan (TO READ AFTER PERCY JACKSON SERIES) also has to do with Greek mythology.

Fablehaven: (MUST) It's an excellent book, written by Brandon Mull, well I can't explain it all here, but you MUST read it.

• ?

Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard

Private by Kate Brian

Privilege by Kate Brian

Dark Tower by Stephen King

• ?

Hmm well both the hunger games and twilight suck majorly.

Read the maze runner trilogy by james dashner! Highly reccomend it. soooo good.

The movie hits theaters next valentines day

Source(s): Re-read the books countless of times (=

The Nightrunner Series by Lynn flewelling.

is my favourite. love those books.

this serie is a must

there are 6 books, with one more in the making and a book of short stories.

very recomended

dystopians:

the Divergent Series by Veronica Roth

the Legend series by Marie Lu

the Under the Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi

other series that I like:

the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I'm reading James Patterson, Michael Crichton, Michael grant.

Veronica Ruth's divergent series is great if u like dystopian also good is crossed by Allie condie.