I want a hamster but my parents wont let me?

I've wanted a hamster for over a year now but whenever I bring up hamsters, my parents start yelling at me and don't even listen to what I have to say! I tried asking for one in my birthday, Christmas and every other special occasion. I don't see why they won't let me buy one!1 I have good grades, do my chores, respect my parents, and I am really nice. I promised them that if I buy one, I will take care of it and pay for its food and stuff. I've done lots of research on hamsters and know everything I need to know in order to be a responsible hamster owner. Are there any ways that I could convince them to let me buy one? Thanks in advance!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I was in the same boat. I just told them I was responsible had good grades, etc... Tell them that you'll take care of it for it's whole life, which is about 2 years... Tell them it's a shorter commitment than a cat or a dog. Good luck :)

Source(s): I now have three beautiful boy hammies :)
  • 8 years ago

Do some research and tell your parents they are really easy to take care of. Volunteer at an animal shelter to show you are responsible. Save up some money, do extra chores. Trust me, they will eventually cave in. Good luck!!!!

• 8 years ago

I think they just think you aren't Responsible enough to handle a Hamster. That's one of the Main Reasons why most Parents don't let their kids have Pets. Why not wait until your Older?

• 8 years ago

Maybe your parents are not animal people? Trying showing them some of your research and let them know you did your homework.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

if they wont allow you to have hamster...just take out the ster from the ham..and tell them you will get ham. they wont even have a clue

• ?
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Go to your grandmas and trick her into buying one.

Source(s): Grandma loves spoil her kiddo. http://ask.fm/snorkldemanatee
  • 8 years ago

rip pac bieber

• 8 years ago

Ask for a mouse.

Source(s): They're better.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

too bad

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

huh, that sucks

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.