How to get rid of bugs in the garden WITHOUT chemicals?

Slugs and ants are eating my plants, how do I get rid of them without spraying a bunch of poison?

Favorite Answer

Placing a board by the plants can attract the slugs. Early in the morning, the slugs should be under the board. Lids of beer will attract them and they will drown in it or burying the can of beer with the hole open will trap them.. Slugs won't crawl over copper.

Ants put aphid eggs under leaves and they eat the dew that they make. The eggs hatch into little bugs that suck the sap out of the leaves. The adults can be wash off with a water hose. The eggs can be scrapped off. The eggs are tiny, when they grow some they are the size of grains of rice.

If you can find the ants nest, some ant poison on it will get rid of the nest. To give them something to take down into their nest, a dry cereal will work, like oat meal and corn meal will work. It will not kill them. They will have a supply of food that they can not eat. They might move their nest.

Source(s): Had experience with ants and green aphids. They do have other colors.
  • likins

You ordinarily have an answer already. However, if now not, use Borax. Borax is considered a common/green cleaner and it won't affect the produce's taste or growth. It's also a just right fertilizer for the soil. Ants and caterpillars hate it. You distribute it by way of either pouring a line of borax in regards to the width of a drinking straw all around the base of the garden, or you should use a hose-end sprayer. Preserve growing, beginning at 1 tablespoon in reservoir. The ants must depart in every week or less. Additionally does the trick for roaches and termites :) Btw, boric acid and Borax are wholly specific chemically.

Well my garden has a lot of slugs, snails and ants...they don't really eat my plants. I think it just depends on the kind of plants you have and the area that you are in. I used to have leaf cutter bees when I lived in another area...they were so irritating because they made ugly holes in the bougainvillea leaves all the time. I just ignored them eventually.