calling a company on the weekend?

So, here is my dilemma,

I had an interview with a company last Friday, everything went well, i feel like i made a good impression and I was also the last person they were going to interview. they told me that they were going to make a decision sometime this week. i called the HR ( one of the 3 people that interviewed me) and she said that she was still waiting to hear from the other interviewers. so my question is, do companies usually take longer to make a decision then they anticipate? is it unprofessional to call them on a saturday?

• Lainie
    Favorite Answer

Typically an employer advertises openings in their company. They set aside 5 to 7 business days during the process to attempt to fill the position. They request resumes' and review them for the skills and experience they are seeking.

They will contact you again if they are really interested. It doesn't do you any good or get you in there any sooner by calling them. Especially trying to contact them over the weekend.

If you choose to contact them, do it on a Tuesday after lunchtime, or Wednesday morning before lunchtime. Mondays, Fridays, or Weekends are not the best times to contact them.

It's possible to take longer then they anticipate. Companies miss deadlines all the time.

You shouldn't call on Saturday unless they asked you to call on that day. Also most companies prefer not to be called regarding such decisions. They would usually just call ( or email ) the candidate that got the job and send everybody else an email with a general explanation like "sorry we decided you were not the best fit for the job, we wish you success and all the best " or something more subtle.

• ?

Yes and since you were only interviewed Friday everyone took off for the weekend. Call Tuesday afternoon.