my car makes a humming noise when u drive it?

when you take your feet off the brake and when you drive it makes a humming noise and when you start the car too.

Favorite Answer

Sounds like a fuel pump to me.

It could be CV joints or bearings. To examine bearings, lift wheel off ground and give it a good shake part-to-aspect, it will have to no longer be free. I feel you need to change the whole hub assembly (the bearings can't be taken out and changed), that makes it less difficult, however extra pricey. CV joints (appear at the black boot and see if it is torn and the grease has leaked out). CV's quite often make sounds while you turn and put more pressure on one facet of the axle. Also, examine to look if the sound is stylish on pace, or gassing the engine. I.E. Does it sound the equal at 25 coasting as it does at 25 pushing the gas pedal down. If handiest when hitting the throttle, then it might be engine associated (pulley bearing and so on). Excellent success.

i need a lot more information.

does this hum sound like its coming from the front of the vehicle, or rear?

year make model and engine size?

drive down the road at 55, cruise engaged. is it humming?

come up to a stop sign, light, or simply stop the car in drive (simulating a stop). is it humming?

put the vehicle in park with the engine still running. is it humming?

Source(s): professional technician since 2002

[you] not U dumass

Front? back? Left? Right? Car have a name? Make model year? Run along silly.