What do Jehovah's Witnesses pray for, and who in the "world" do they pray for?

I was a member for 40 years. I never heard anyone pray for the people of the world, or for any group, or other religion.

I NEVER heard anyone pray for their perceived enemies, and we were never instructed to do so.

ALL of our prayers were to be directed to the success of our service, and to the Watchtower organization, and to the kingdom work.

All of the "friends" I knew prayed for their income, their health, and on occasion, a person they were studying with, that they would "come in" to the "truth".

When there was a disaster, the witnesses prayed ONLY for the "brothers"...but NO-ONE prayed for any worldly injured.

Case in point, when 911 hit, the JW's passed out literature, and assisted their own primarily, but did not offer prayers with, or to the dying, or terribly injured.

In tornadoes the witnesses were there to pray for their own, and on occasion, they assisted worldly people, especially when there was a news camera nearby.

So, these are my experiences....what do the JW's of three years later pray for?

Paradise....don't you ever pray for your enemies, as Jesus tells all Christians to?

Why not mention that prayer?

I know we pray for you.

Dust.....I disassociated from the JW's 3 years ago....this question is meant for imprisoned JW's, not for those free in Christ.

Those 40 years I spent? They were so filled with service , reports, meetings, and more meetings, that we didn't learn about any others in the world, and their needs...I know them now, and we are ALL brothers now...we just need to pull the weeds and let the garden grow.

I belong to NO Organized religion, they are all in great error.

Brother, aren't you saying what most Nazis said at Nuremberg? "Not guilty; I did what I was ordered."

Really? In forty years you never learnt what Paul said concerning the "conscience"? Were you shy to pray for the "class" of people represented by the person robbed on the way, but looked after by the good SAMARITAN?? Samaritans were a despicable brand of occupants in the north of Jerusalem, although that followed the traditional teachings of the Torah the Jews themselves followed.

Prayer IS a PRIVATE conversation between the Creator of Man and myself. I can "chat" with Him anything, alone, in secret, that He, who sees in secret, in secret will recompense my prayer.

[Luke 10:30-36] 30 "Jesus answered, "A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who both stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead. 31 By chance a certain priest was going down that way. When he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32 In the same way a Levite also, when he came to the place, and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a certain Samaritan, as he travelled, came where he was. When he saw him, he was moved with compassion, 34 came to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. He set him on his own animal, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35 On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, and gave them to the host, and said to him, 'Take care of him. Whatever you spend beyond that, I will repay you when I return.' 36 Now which of these three do you think seemed to be a neighbor to him who fell among the robbers?"

Who represents those like the JW? Who represent the Samaritans? What should your CONSCIENCE have done?

btw, I am not associated with the JW.

What would you do if there is no organization to which you don't have to give "service reports" anymore? Would you STILL preach, teach others, stand up for what YOU believe (no the Society?) Would you call ME a brother, if I am not a JW?

Those decisions you better make them now...

You can pray for anything that is in harmony with God’s requirements as stated in the Bible. “No matter what it is that we ask according to [God’s] will, he hears us.” (1 John 5:14) Can you mention your personal concerns? Yes. The Bible says: “Before [God] pour out your heart.”—Psalm 62:8.

Examples of what to pray for

Faith in God.—Luke 17:5.

Holy spirit, or God’s active force, to help you do what is right.—Luke 11:13.

Strength to deal with troubles and to resist temptation.—Philippians 4:13.

Inner peace or calmness.—Philippians 4:6, 7.

Wisdom to make good decisions.—James 1:5.

Help with daily needs.—Matthew 6:11.

Forgiveness of sins.—Matthew 6:12.

That's why it's best to avoid their organization altogether. It is a cult that denies that Trinity, the Deity of Christ, and believes in salvation by works.----