Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

Which Harry Potter is better: Half-Blood Prince or Goblet of Fire?

Favorite Answer

Neither is better than the other, both are spectacular. It'll really be based off on someone's personal preference. As for me, I prefer Half Blood to Goblet. But amongst all the HP movies, I'll always favour the Prisoner of Azkaban the most.

While all the books in the series are amazing, and the Half-Blood Prince did have some crucial events in it, the Goblet of Fire is the clear winner. The Half-Blood Prince got a little boring and long-winded, and the constant talk of the romantic relationships was just a little bit too much for me. Trust me, I was all for inducting a little bit more romance into the series, but after a while, it started taking center stage in terms of the plot, and that was sort of unnecessary to me. I also didn't like that one of the main focuses of the plot was the potion's textbook. It was a mystery that should have been more side-plot in it's role in the books, not center stage. It was only semi-crucial to the character of Severus Snape.

If you mean between books then it is actually impossible to choose

If you mean between films then The Goblet Of Fire is a clear winner. Although the film did miss out rather a lot that was in the book it was still a very well done film. For the Half Blood Prince they seemed to spend more time making random scenes up that weren't in the book, (The Millenium bridge being broke by death eaters & the Weasly House being attacked by death eaters) to make the film 'less boring'. It could of been just as good, if not better if they'd followed the book more or extended some scenes into more detail.

Half blood Prince

Both! My personal favourite is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

• Angel

whether your talking about the book or movie the half blood prince is better but the book is always better than the movie

half blood prince