Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 8 years ago

i have a crib that is 21 years old and my son will be born in august is this crib recalled or unsafe?

Favorite Answer

Google the brand and model number. The model number should be at the bottom of the crib.

Source(s): I had a recalled 22 year old crib.
  • Lisa

Chances are it is recalled or considered unsafe. Take a look at the front. Is it a drop-sided crib where you can lower the front? If it is, it is considered unsafe. How wide are the gaps in the bars? They make them smaller now because some infants were getting trapped. Is there any physical damage to it that you can see? Are all the pieces there? Does it seem still sturdy?

• Suzy Q

Google current guidelines for the spacing of the bars. From the top of my head a standard soda can should not be able to fit through. Buy a new mattress, which should fit in there pretty snug.

If it's a drop-side crib, it's by definition unsafe, those models have all been recalled.

Is there any damage to it? If not it should be fine :)

i have the same exact problem!