What is this eye condition called?

Ok, I'll describe it for people. In both of my eyes, I have three rings of colors, the inner-most being a golden yellow, the second being emerald green and the outer-most ring being a deep blue. I have one part of the golden yellow in my right eye that has a blood red part to it. I used to have Hazel eyes in my childhood and they would be any color from grey, to blue to green. What is it called?

1 Answer

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    It's not unusual for eye color to have a different color eye not than when you were born. Pigment continue to become deposited in your eye for a short while after birth.

    What you described seems to be Central Heterochromia and is also completely normal. My wife's are yellowish in the center and blue on the outer edges.

    "...the central (pupillary) zone of the iris is a different color than the mid-peripheral (ciliary) zone, with the true iris color being the outer color..." (Wikipedia)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.