Im relocating across the country.Should I get a gun?

I'm a 25 year old female that currently lives in Ca. I am relocating to Orlando Fl in June and I am considering getting a gun as some form of protection.

good idea or not

Just because Im going to be living totally on my own with no friends or family.

I will be properly trained on using it

Favorite Answer

Considering that a gun is about 30 times more likely to be used against a resident than against a criminal intruder, perhaps it would be safer if you packed some mace instead. You don't have to be a very good shot with mace, you don't have to worry about shooting first and asking questions later, and you can keep it under your pillow without fears of a tragedy.

confident, I end a job a pair years in the past. I dealt with great sums of money interior the season, and had 6 POS cashiers working 20 hours an afternoon. had to have six funds counters to maintain up and deposits as quickly as an hour. So confident, being the place it became it became " the strikes of a prudent guy " to be armed for the period of the economic company runs. The economic company truthfully had to hire extra tellers to manage the money. in certainty I took an armed shelter alongside additionally. humorous ingredient, on the grounds that i became boss, I did positioned them in value of protection. i'd factor out I truthfully have a shotgun I frequently take interior the truck, and positioned on a factor arm, yet would pass away the shotgun in the event that they felt extra suited. each pronounced, " by making use of ALL means carry THE SHOTGUN ". LOL i began out getting fax messages from my district supervisor. confident, on the corp. headquarters, yet, no longer formally from the corporate. those have been anti-gun classified ads and such. finally, the close by State supervisor got here in conversing anti-gun stuff, I end that afternoon. would desire to scent a rat. Edit : i'm going to have been an worker, yet, even in that, I nevertheless have a suited to stay to tell the story an attack. the quantity of funds made it very touch and pass at circumstances.

Gun ownership is not for everyone but if you want to make sure to get training. Training is more important than the firearm purchase itself. Luckily there are a lot of good training options in Florida and I would recommend a glock 19 if you want a handgun. Good luck and if you decide to purchase a firearm remember safety first wear your eye and ear protection and have fun. It is one of my favorite hobbies oh and get a small safe http://www.meijer.com/s/gunvault-minivault-deluxe-...

No? Orlando is a relatively safe area to live. I just don't understand how moving from coast to coast translates into you needing a gun for protection...

Are you relocating in attempt to distance yourself from someone who intends to harm you?

DETAILS!

I used to teach CHL courses. There are some folks who should not own a firearm. IF you decide to get one, learn how to use it properly. And if you ever have to drop the hammer one someone, you better not hesitate, or you'll die. Fact.

If it helps you feel protected, I don't see why not. Undergo proper training, protection, etc. Guns are not toys.

Be safe.