If you were able to create your own Heaven what would it be like?

Favorite Answer

the same wonderful, holy place it is now. But I don't ever plan on going there. The Bible teaches that only some people go to heaven when they die. God's original purpose was for people to live on earth forever in happiness. That purpose still stands for the future. The earth will one day be filled with people who love Jehovah God. Since angels were serving God in heaven before the founding of the earth, the first man and woman were evidently not created to populate the heavens. Rather, God said to that first human pair: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth.” (Genesis 1:28; Acts 17:26) Adam was the first of a new form of earthly life, able to know God and to serve him faithfully. He was to father a race of humans whose home would be the earth. “As regards the heavens, to Jehovah the heavens belong, but the earth he has given to the sons of men.”—Psalm 115:16.

People do not normally want to die; death is not natural for humans. God mentioned death to Adam only as the punishment for disobedience. Had Adam obeyed, he would never have died.—Genesis 2:17; Romans 5:12.

Not surprisingly, then, God said nothing to Adam about going to heaven. So the earth was not to be a proving ground where people would be tested to see if they were fit for heaven. Man was created to live forever on earth, and that purpose of God will yet be fulfilled. The Bible promises that “the righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.” (Psalm 37:29) Clearly, humans were not originally meant to go to heaven. Why, then, did Jesus promise heavenly life to his apostles? Did Jesus mean that all good people will go to heaven?

After Jesus’ final meal with his apostles on the evening before his execution, Jesus promised to reward them with a place in heaven. He said: “In the house of my Father there are many abodes. Otherwise, I would have told you, because I am going my way to prepare a place for you.” (John 14:2) Why would Jesus provide them a place in heaven? What will they do there?

Jesus had in mind a special assignment for his disciples. During that same evening, he said: “You are the ones that have stuck with me in my trials; and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom.” (Luke 22:28, 29) God had promised Jesus that he would be the King who would provide for one of mankind’s greatest needs—good government. Jesus will save people from affliction and will crush those defrauding them. Although Jesus will have subjects extending “to the ends of the earth,” his throne will be in heaven.—Psalm 72:4, 8; Daniel 7:13, 14.

However, Jesus will not rule alone. Hence, he promised his apostles a place in heaven. They were the first ones chosen to “rule as kings over the earth.”—Revelation 5:10.

How many go to heaven? As in any government, the rulers in God’s heavenly Kingdom are few in comparison with all the people who live under its authority. To those who will rule with him, Jesus said: “Have no fear, little flock, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom.” (Luke 12:32) That “little flock” will finally number 144,000. (Revelation 14:1) That number is small in comparison with the millions who will enjoy endless life on earth as loyal subjects of the Kingdom.—Revelation 21:4.

Thus, not all good people go to heaven. About good King David, the apostle Peter plainly said: “David did not ascend to the heavens.” (Acts 2:34) John the Baptist was a good man. Yet, Jesus indicated that he would not be exalted to rule as a king in heaven. “Among those born of women,” Jesus said, “there has not been raised up a greater than John the Baptist; but a person that is a lesser one in the kingdom of the heavens is greater than he is.”—Matthew 11:11.

Will You Receive the Reward of Good People?

To receive the reward of living forever on earth, what must a person do? Jesus said: “God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16) Notice that God’s love for the world leads him to make everlasting life available to all, but only those “exercising faith” actually receive that reward.

Faith needs to be based on accurate knowledge. (John 17:3) You can demonstrate that you are a good person by learning more about Jehovah’s purpose for man. Respond in faith to what you learn. And be assured that the opportunity of life without end is really open to you.

• John

Where I went on holiday to this year the early morning walk along the beach in the shade of coconut palms. At the end on the cliff a painted white cross a place for my prayers

I would make sure everyone would be aloud in it, I would make alternative heavens just for the individual. I would make it a limited time, just to make the time there ever more precious.

IT would have to be cost efficent, safe, and long lasting.

It would be a virtual reality of sorts. you control what you do and how happy you want to be. there is even a "real life" option, which puts you into a baby to experience life as that baby until you die.

• Actor

everyone would be required to study their own self and force themselves not to sin, cause suffering or take anyone's freedom away. if they were having trouble with any of that, guides and counselors would be there at all times to make that happen

• David

One without religious bigots.

• Bob

A world without religion would be pretty close.

No money and all the food and sex you want - and you never gain weight or catch a disease.