When do I step in and tell her what he's doing?

So my friend (whom I have little respect for these days) was dating a girl for about 3 years. They were engaged, in fact. But I noticed that their relationship started to die down a little bit. A certain situation where she lied came along and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. So they broke up.

For the longest time he has been leading her on, giving her hope that they would one day be back together. Sometimes they even have sex. But when he's with his guy friends (He acts like a total fake around them, by the way) he tells them about how useless she is, he said that she'd never be able to hold a solid job and that he thinks he doesn't love her anymore. Yet he still does this to her. I see her on his Facebook posting stuff and it's just the saddest thing watching.

He is not an easy person to be around. He's unpleasant, selfish and very bipolar. He talked about having schizophrenia a couple of months ago and I'm not sure if it was self-diagnosed or not. And she loves him because and despite of all of that. After they broke up, she unfriended me on Facebook, so I'm not sure if we're cool anymore. We haven't spoken in almost a year. So I'm not sure if it's my place or not, but seriously, what do I do?

And please, don't blame it on his mental condition. Let's be grown ups and actually take ownership for our faults. I'm sorry if I step on some toes by saying that.

Favorite Answer

Well, first of all, your friend is a total deuce bag, and he needs sense smacked into his ignorant a**. You need to confront the girl and talk to her about how he doesn't care about her and is using her for sex. He should've gotten help a long time ago, and it is completely his fault. Also, she probably only unfriended you because you were his friend. You need to talk to your friend about how he's such an ignorant f*** because the same situation happened to my best friend Amy that committed suicide. Her boyfriend used her as his sex slave and she really loved him. But soon, she found out he was a player and they were together for 10 years. After they broke up, he was still a player and she suffered through depression. A few weeks later, she killed herself. My point is, the longer you wait to tell this girl, the longer she suffers and the longer shell be depressed in the future. Tell her ASAP, and confront your friend immediately about himself. I feel sorry for you, but you should stand up for her because she's obviously in denial.

Best regards,

~Brebre~

• Lv 6

yes.. i would deff. tell her.. all girls in her situation would love someone who is on the "inside" to give them information of whats being said about her.. even if you have to make up a new profile without a picture and send the message to her anonymously you really should tell her..

I would leave it alone. If she hasn't talked to you and he's telling her things and doing things that dont hold any truth to them you don't want to get into that. Its not fun being in the middle of that sort of thing.

• dell

Keep out of it. Their problem, leave it at that. Hell you wouldnt want to see him go off, if she tells him. Would you blame it on his mental condition, or his so call friend dobbing him in? you choose

If you feep its right and you want to step in then u salute you for it. But expect trouble

Tell her x

I say tell her