I have question I'm Catholic being Gay is a sin Jesus didn't put Adam and Adam he put Adam and Eve?

So how come when someone says someone is gay is because god made you that way? It means you were born in Sin must repent. Oh yeah I'm straight:)

Favorite Answer

Actually, the Catholic Church doesn't say it's a sin to be homosexual, only that homosexual acts are sinful. From the Catechism:

"Chastity and homosexuality

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. THEY MUST BE ACCEPTED WITH RESPECT, COMPASSION AND SENSITIVITY. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection."

Being gay isn't a decision or a choice, it's who someone is. People are born gay, not made that way. I am also a Christian and at church they always talk about how being gay is a sin, but I believe differently. I don't believe it is a sin because people are born that way and God made everyone they way HE wanted to make them. He knew he was making someone gay or straight. And even though the bible may say being gay is a horrible sin, who are we to judge? God is the only person who will judge us in the end. Besides, the bible was written 3500 years ago and rewritten and translated so many times who knows if that's really the way God feels? I don't believe he would purposely make someone gay just so they can be miserable by pretending to be straight or being gay and sent to hell. HE made everyone the way he wanted to and he loves each and everyone of us the same way, gay or straight. I trully believe that. And I'm not saying the bible isn't truthful, I'm just saying God wasn't the one who sat down and wrote it and I don't think he would make someone gay to be judged by people who believe that part of the bible. Gay people are no different from straight people, all they want is to be happy. And they deserve it, just as anybody else. This song explains it VERY well, so inspiring and beautifully written. Please take a look ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVBg7_08n0

Youtube thumbnail

Well... First of all... Jesus didn't put Adam and Adam, Adam and Steve, or Adam and Eve anywhere... He wasn't around at the time. Secondly being Gay isn't a sin. That is a common misunderstanding of the basic religious text known as the Bible.

I actually have to agree with Laurence. God didn't make people gay and the Bible does condemn homosexual behaviors. People do seem to pick and choose from the Bible what they wish to believe which gives all Christians a bad name. besides that adultery is just as much of a sin yet "good" christian people don't want to preach too much about that! lying and hate are also sins so why do some pick on one group of people when we are all sinners. Take the plank out of your eye first.

Source(s): Christian, straight person here.

Well as a gay atheist, I think you're all ridiculous..those who say a god made them gay and the same who use that god to condemn..fact is, neither or you have have evidence to support either assertion..but I will say that as someone who has read the bible, it's clear the bible god does not condone homosexuality (amongst many other asinine things)..so it is perplexing to me to see a gay person reconcile that with their sexuality..but who are we kidding? Most believers just take the parts of the bible they like and ignore the parts they don't like.

The canonical gay pair in paradise is adam and steve.

Being anything is not a sin. Sins are acts and omissions of acts and thoughts.

• ?

Being gay is not a sin. Sexual activity outside of marriage is the sin.

• Paul

God never made us Gay. People become Gay because they are deceived into believing they are Gay.