Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

What do I do with this sick puppy?

So I'm standing in the kitchen making hamburger helper and I heard this noise, I didnt know what it was..Well after about 10 mins of this, I notice its coming from outside. So I go out and there is a little white puppy whining her little precious tail off in the driveway. I noticed her back leg is tremoring/shaking/twitching and she wont stop whining. I gently tried to look to see if maybe it was broken but she nipped me in the hand( not trying to bite I think), but eventually I could tell it was not broken. I noticed the other leg SEEMS to work but the dog literally drags this twitching leg behind her. I gave her some sugar water just in case she might have low blood sugar or dehydrated. I dont know what to do, I have no money, its 6:30 at night. A vet is obviously out of the question I have 3 kids and I'm not fittin to allow them to go hungry because of this( call me selfish if you will, but its not easy being a single mother). I am unsure of wether to take her to the pound or call animal control. Please help?!?

Favorite Answer

Call animal control or take her to the pound. They will check her to see what's wrong.

What, if any, diagnostics were carried out? I do not believe that going to a brand new vet is the reply. I might go back to the normal vet considering that they are most aware of the case. It is unfair to expect that this vomiting episode is a continuation of the last one and that it's the vet's fault. Particularly if the vomiting had stopped for 10 days. Should you brought this case to me, i'd repeat a fecal, do some bloodwork, and take radiographs to examine for obstructions. The fuzz within the vomit makes me consider that a overseas physique might be the fault. Hypoglycemia, which is customary in these little guys, might also purpose vomiting.

Call Animal Conrol to come & get the dog. They can scan for a chip to try & find the owners. They will euthanize the dog if it is suffering.