Why do I go red so easily?

Whenever someone starts talking to me I turn red!!! its awful!!! I cant help it I dont know why..

How do I stop this?

Favorite Answer

If you're having red faces it could just be shyness. But if you constantly have red faces you probably have mild case of social anxiety, and not much self confidence maybe? Social anxiety is when you have an excessive or unreasonable fear of being in a social situation. People with social anxiety are usually afraid that he or she will make mistakes, look bad, and be embarrassed or humiliated in front of others. This can be made worse if you lack social skills or experience in social situations.

So basically, when someone starts talking to you, you may start to get anxious which makes your heat beat faster and sending more blood to your face. If you constantly have Red faces and there is no other discomfort of having a red face other than being embarrassed, than you may have trouble coping with your anxiety.

I'm sorry if I am wrong, but I am guessing that when people are talking to you, you are constantly worrying that you are going to get a red face, and what other people are thinking. You should know that, like every problem, worrying about getting a red face ally makes them get worse. It is likely that your excessive blushing only happens because you're so worried about it. If you didn't get so worried about it, than you would be less likely the have a red face.

Try trying to calm yourself down, deep breathes will help calm yourself down, this will help stop you blushing as often, and return your heart to a normal pace.

You could use make up, if not then try accepting it. But if it is too hard, or you still are getting red faces easily, turn it into a joke. Making it a key thing about yourself that you and others can laugh about will help with worrying about it and make it seem not as bad.

Lastly, try to be more social. It can give you more experience with social situations which can help you later when you have to talk to people, and can help you feel more comfortable and less shy/anxious.