Is reading a book about gods and demi-gods haram?

The book is Heroes of olympus (the lost hero). I was reading this book and stopped in between by thinking that it might be haram.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Islam teaches that you should read the bible and see what is in it.

The Family of `Imran (Ali `Imran) 3:48 in 2-3 AH.

The Angel Gabriel is speaking to Mary about Jesus before Jesus' birth and says: "And he (God) will teach him the book and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel"

The Family of `Imran (Ali `Imran) 3:49-50, 2-3 AH.

Jesus says, "I have come to you...attesting to (the truth of) what is between my hands of the Torah, and to make lawful to you a part of that which is forbidden to you."

The Table (Al-Ma'ida) 5:113-114, 10 AH.

"Then will God say, `O Jesus son of Mary! Recount my favor to you... Behold! I taught you the Book and Wisdom, the Torah and the Gospel...

"And behold! I inspired the disciples (al-hawariyun) to have faith in Me and My apostle (Jesus). They said (to Jesus), `We have faith and (you must) bear witness that we are Muslims (submitted ones)."

The Originator of Creation (Fatir) 35:31, Early Meccan.

"That which we have revealed to you of the Book is the truth, attesting to (the truth of) that which IS between his (its) hands (the Torah and Gospel)..."

The Cattle (Al-An`am) 6:154-157, Late Meccan.

"Then We gave Moses the Book complete as to whatever is excellent, and explaining all things in detail, and a guide and a mercy, that they might believe in the meeting with their Lord. And this (the Qur'an) is a Book which We have revealed, blessed: so follow it and be righteous, that you may receive mercy: lest you should say, `The Book was sent down to two peoples before us, and for our part, we remained unacquainted with all that they learned by assiduous study;' or lest you should say: `If the Book (Torah and Gospel) had only been sent down to us, we should have followed its guidance better than they.'"

Repentance (Al-Tauba) 9:111, 9 AH.

"God has bought from the believers their selves and their wealth, and for them is the garden (of Paradise) if they fight in the ways of God: and whether they kill or are killed, the promise of God IS true in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an, and who is more faithful to his promise than God?"

Why not read such an exciting book? Not only that, Islam teaches it is true. There are many manuscripts of the bible for you to prove that when these verses were written the bible at the times these words were penned was available and such manuscipts are still around to compare what is in the bible today is the same.

• 4 years ago

i did no longer examine the e book yet observed a debate between the author and a Christian author and writer, Olasky. Olasky defeated him with diverse examples of ways faith does not poison everthing. He basically observed all the charities and self sacrifice. you basically can no longer make blanket statements like Hitchens does approximately something! that's illogical and called stereotyping. all the examples he makes use of and how he makes use of them are so silly and one-sided - announcing something he desires to assert with them (like how some ppl use information) - a entire abuse of guidance and basically about all those books are are propoganda - the very definition of it!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

it is not as long as you dont believe in it in any way and know that this is all fictional then its ok

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.