Can I snort Percocet 5-325?

I got some teeth pulled and I was prescribed this but my mouth hurts way to bad to take it orally so I'm wondering if its okay to crush it and snort it? Iv never used this before only Vicodin. I understand it might cause nasal problems but its better then going through the pain of swallowing a pill.

Favorite Answer

You're really better off trying to swallow it or mix it with applesauce (don't know why it's always applesauce they suggest. Any food if you're going to have to consume it through a straw should do). It's pretty nasty on your sinuses and you don't get the entire dose as some stick around to make boogers. There's a lot of wax, talc and such ingredients in pills to make them stick together and hold their shape. A- you don't want that crap clogging up your sinuses and B- there is no real benefit to crushing one of these up. There's nothing that's going to release faster in what is essentially an instant release oral medication. There are some drugs that are stronger if you crush and snort, but oxycodone is not one of them.

If it's really got to be taken in some other route than swallowing (and I'd have a talk with the dentist of they did something to your throat that prevents you from swallowing. You weren't thinking of chewing this Percoset were you? Yuck, you'd be lucky to keep it down. Nasty tasting stuff) try crushing it up and put it some water that's been flavored with a bit of crystal light or mio. Root Beer is not too bad but it will be flat. Give it a good stir just as you're going to drink it and refill and swirl the glass again (maybe a couple times) to make sure you got it all. Anythings better than burning your sinuses like that and plugging them up with wax. If they ever give you any kind of controlled release drug, like OxyContin, crushing will make a big difference, even a deadly difference, depending, but for a Percoset that is mostly made up of Tylenol, don't go to the trouble.

Source(s): Many websites will tell you all this stuff like bioavailability, ingredients and such.
  • lieser

Percocet 5

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Can I snort Percocet 5-325?

I got some teeth pulled and I was prescribed this but my mouth hurts way to bad to take it orally so I'm wondering if its okay to crush it and snort it? Iv never used this before only Vicodin. I understand it might cause nasal problems but its better then going through the pain of swallowing a...

Source(s): snort percocet 5 325: https://tr.im/VQBNh
  • Erika

Can You Snort Percocet

you could snort it, but there is so much tylenol in the pill that snorting it is just...eh you dont wanna do it, but you could do this if you really cant swallow a pill:

take some luke warm water and dissolve the pill in it. it will taste nasty, but itl work.

snorting the pill will make it hit you faster BUT the pain killing effects will fade much faster when snorting. also snorting can lead to addiction way faster. we all know these opioids are rather addictive.

the medicine will be much better for you pain when taken orally.

• Mike

Don't snort it. The fillers will cause problems. Crush it up and hide it in a small amount of applesauce or pudding. If you don't want to put it in either of those, put it in a small amount (a shot glass amount) of strongly flavored liquid and do it like a shot. Then chase it with another shot from the SAME glass to be sure you got the whole dose.