Will my belly ring piercing eventually close up?

Just so you know, I DON'T want this piercing any more. I feel like I've outgrown it (even though I'm only almost 19) and don't want it when I'm in my twenties and can no longer have the possibility that my piercing will close, ever.

I have had this piercing since February 2011, so about 2 years and 2 months.

I am going to have my rings out and I'm going to put Polysporin on it for the healing.

How long do you think this might take? I'm a somewhat impatient person, and I don't want to have a weird hole for this summer!

Favorite Answer

Dont put the polysporin on it, this wont increase healing time.

Honestly, this depends on your body. Mine would heal up within days, other people won't heal up for years, it depends on your own experience.

Firstly, get some emu oil. 100% pure. This is basically pure vitamin E, with natural fatty acids that your body needs. It is fully biocompatible, which means it wont clog your pores.

This will help with healing time, and also any scarring which may come up.

If it is not healing with the preferred time schedule, go to a piercer, and get them to put a larger gauge bar through it and remove it. This will irritate your piercing to a point where it will want to heal itself. Not a great thing to do, but will help it to close up.

Good luck, hope I've helped.

Source(s): Professional body piercer.

The holes are a development of scar tissue so they will be there forever. They may not be open (you cant put a ring through) but the scars will always be there. To make them less noticeable you might want to rub some coco butter or stretch mark cream over the holes to make it a little less noticeable.