I'm my old roommate's only friend and they only want to hang out with me?

My old roommate has little to no friends and won't ask anyone else to eat/do anything with except me. Though spending time with them is nice, it's gotten to the point where I just feel like running when they want to hang out with me. When we are hanging out I can't help but feel awful because I just want to go home and be alone rather than spend time with them. I try and encourage them to do things with other people, but they make every excuse under the sun as to why that person won't or can't hang out. I feel bad because if I have already eaten and say I can't go out to eat with them, they will not eat because they don't want to eat out alone. It's ridiculous!

PLEASE HELP! I would love to see them branch out and make new friends, but all I've seen is them turning into a copy of myself (picking up my mannerisms, way of talking, phrases, etc.) and it's getting on my last nerve! Thank you!!

It sounds like they need professional help from a councilor or something. It sounds like one of my friends, friends. He has MAJOR anxiety problems to where he only talks and hangs around certain people. He does not talk to anyone else besides them. Since you have friends, tag them along the next time they want to hang out with you so they will be forced to interact with someone else besides you. Even introduce them to someone you might think they will click with. Even ask them about dating someone. I hope I helped a little.

Tell them the truth. they need to branch out and meet new friends. and bring some of your friends when you hang out with him.