Alexa asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 8 years ago

How did/could the holocaust happen?

I have been sick (food poisoning, gastroenteritis, and appendicitis,) these past few days. Which means I've been missing school, a total of 4 days. My teacher gave me a project to do by myself, a prezi on how did/could the holocaust happen. I need 5 clear and concise topic sentences about this. I will do the further research, any Ideas?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hitler didn't have a hate-on for Jews over religion, race, blonde-hair blue-eyes type stuff - it wasn't about that. Much like the West after WWII feared Communism believing they intended world domination through expansion in Europe and elsewhere, Communism being a corrupt system and that the Reds were infiltrating society and government, so did Hitler in the 1920-30s.

Where the NAZIs went sideways was to them a Bolshevik and a Jew were the exact same thing; to a different degree but the end result is the same.

"Jewish Bolshevism or Judeo-Bolshevism is the conspiracy theory that Jews have been the driving force behind Communist movements, or more specifically Soviet Bolshevism. The label "Judeo-Bolshevism" was used in Nazi Germany to equate Jews with communists, implying that the communist movement served Jewish interests and/or that all Jews were communists."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Bolshevism

An example of anti-Jew sentiment practiced elsewhere:

"Żydokomuna is a pejorative antisemitic stereotype which came into use in the interwar period, blaming Jews for the introduction of Communism in Poland, where communism was identified as part of a wider Jewish-led conspiracy to seize power (Kopstein)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%BBydokomuna

NAZI ideology believed a clash between fascism and communism was inevitable, if Germany didn't protect itself it would fall to communists - so Hitler vowed to rid Germany and Europe of all Bolsheviks and Jews, erase them from the face of Europe.

First plan was to make things so unbearable for them, persecute them so badly (Kristalnacht, The Reich Citizenship Act of 1935 stripping Jews of rights, etc) they'd simply leave - go to better places who would tolerate them. Problem was the western world didn't want them either.

"Sailing so close to Florida that they could see the lights of Miami, some passengers on the St. Louis cabled President Franklin D. Roosevelt asking for refuge. Roosevelt never responded. The State Department and the White House had decided not to take extraordinary measures to permit the refugees to enter the United States. A State Department telegram sent to a passenger stated that the passengers must "await their turns on the waiting list and qualify for and obtain immigration visas before they may be admissible into the United States." US diplomats in Havana intervened once more with the Cuban government to admit the passengers on a "humanitarian" basis, but without success."

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=1...

Second plan was to ship them all to an island off Africa, much like Britain used Australia as a penal colony, The Madagascar Plan. Problem this round was Rommel couldn't hold Africa and it fell to the Allies.

http://history1900s.about.com/od/holocaust/a/madag...

That is why The Final Solution ('deportation and resettlement aka extermination) is literally called the final solution.

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=1...

I hope that helps, and you're feeling better - if not now then darned soon.

• Marli
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Antisemitism wasn't new nor was it exclusively German. Read an early Agatha Christie mystery and you'll probably find a stereotypical Jew banker or moneylender. The English were antisemitic from way back. So were other nations in Europe, and especially in Russia. Tsarist pogroms. The whole "Doctrine of the Learned Elders of Zion" scam to make people think the Jews were plotting to take control of the world. Lots of fear. Henry Ford, the automaker, believed all that and promoted it in the US, and he was not the only one [Ford did have a Nazi sympathizer in his private secretary, and he believed him.]

Anyway the basis of antisemitism and hatred cults in general is "Blame the Jews [or the 'other' race or creed] when anything goes wrong." The Jews killed Christ. The witches are league with the devil. The Muslims are terrorists. etc etc etc. The idea is "These are evil people because they done us wrong."

World War I ended badly for the Germans. They believed they were invincible militarily - it's the Prussian culture to exalt warriors and the Kaiser was Prussian. They had to pay big reparations, especially to France [who had no love for Germany]. Who did the German military, and the royalists and Hitler and other irritated people, blame but "the Jews" in the Weimar Republic who made the Kaiser abdicate, abjectly accepted the surrender terms and the Versailles Treaty and thus 'stabbed the Fatherland in the back.' Then the German Deutchmark becomes worthless in 1923 or thereabouts. Poverty and famine. People's life savings are gone. Death and despair. Then, after the survivors recovered from that, the Great Depression kicks in.

So, the Nazis said to the German people, "The Jews are evil. They are anti-German. They like that degenerate American ***** jazz and force it on our pure Aryan children. They want to control us. They certainly want to control our banks, and they have manipulated our money so that we starved and are in a depression. We are pure people. Good family people. Blond, blue-eyed, healthy and speak God's own language. [Well, I did know some people who believed that the Luther Bible was the purest translation of God's Word.] We are really the best race -- and should be the masters.

Stirring up hatred.

So, when the Nazis got the power and became the governors of Germany, who did they go after?

It's much like the Salem witch trials. Something goes wrong - blame the "outsider", or the one who scolded you for your childish pranks and sins.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

that is Easy the Holocaust was caused By the stupid belief in Manifest destiny the Racist belief that the white man was entitled to steal the Americas from everybody in the Americas there is enough evidence that they Murdered over 100 million just to steal their Land

then in Germany it was Nazism where Hitler told the Germans they were the Master race and the Jews were Not even on the ladder in relation to the Human Race hitler hared the Slavs who were treated Like animals and the Jews were treated Like Vermin and it happened because people Believed the Nazi propaganda

• 8 years ago

Germany was in extremely bad shape after WW1. Millions of people were unemployed. Then along came a man who changed it all around. A lot of people turned a blind eye to what was happening to the Jews because it was to their advantage. However, a lot of people's views of hitler changed when the war started.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

i cant give you that much but the eugenics progams actually started in the US .. it was promoted even in churches .. the idea that you may not be genetically 'good' enough to reproduce and should be sterilized .. Hitler took that idea, combined it with some occult dogma and ran with it .. people ate it up like cookies .. it sounded right at the time to alot of people .. believe it or not abortion is part of the same eugenics programs and look how people have been conditioned to think its a 'right' and a choice and part of freedom ect .. bottom line is its murdering babies by the millions .. another holocaust ... thats how it happens ..

• 8 years ago

-Because SO many people "looked Away" & did NOTHING- when Thousands of Others, needed Their Help... .. . :(

Source(s): Grim- but True.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.