How can one find happiness?

My life kinda sucks im the loser of my family i'm constantly reminded how everyone around me is more talented than me by my guardians. I seem to be the person people take their anger out on even making the nicest person in a room snap on me an im a quite guy who keeps to himself and helps out people if he can. Women hate me even a small complement from me send women running from me have very little female friends any friends for that matter i feel like im just living life to pay back people i owe and not because i wanna live so i ask again how can a pathetic person like me stay happy with such a crappy life.

Favorite Answer

True happiness is being relaxed with what you have got and not constantly fretting about what you don't have. It does not mean not to strive for better but to live in the moment and accept failings as default but successes as bonuses.

If you cannot find happiness in your life right now, you need to write down everything that is positive about yourself and your life and then write everything negative and make a plan on how you can change the negatives but if there is no way of changing the negatives then you have to make peace with it by accepting them.

I bet you are not pathetic, that is just because you are focusing solely on the bad; you don't know what talents you have yet to uncover.

• Soumya

I think, that to be happy, you have to have satisfaction in what you own. Too much desires get u in trouble. It doesn't mattter if you dont have a female friend. If they say that others are more talented than you, then you should discover your talent and develop it such that it comes to some use and fame. If you think that you have no talent, then develop your interests into you strenghts. Enjoy the life dear. As they say, its too short to waste time on being sad. If you care of what others say, then you won't be able to find your own happiness.

Source(s): Just what I think :)
  • Terry

Well you said it "a pathetic person" If you go around winging and calling your self a loser of course people wont like you. people don't make friends of others who are always moaning. Stop feeling sorry for your self , get up and do something with your life, Go jogging, swimming, join a club, wake up nobody cares about losers. So stop being so pathetic and negative, smile, laugh,

Ekhart tolles teachings helped keep me going up until I just recently found out im pregnant/ Now that im having a baby my life is worthwhile and I am the happiest person alive. It varies for different people though

"One does not simply find true happiness."

~Some old guy

No, really, it's not easy being happy all of the time. Run away forever, and never look back. Just show them how much they need you. But whatever you do, DON'T END YOUR LIFE. NOT EVEN AS A LAST RESORT.

not give a **** just stop caring i have a similar situation and it helped when i stop hopeing for good things to happen and if people like to take their anger out on you just stay away from them as best as you can ,look for some things that make you happy even if its some thing small i wish you the best

I used to think like you. I tried many different things to change the way I felt and after five years only one thing worked. Exercise! I jog, walk, cycle, you name it. It gives you purpose and takes your mind away from negative things.

• snafu

You need to press the reset button on how you think about yourself.

It's very negative. Find happiness on your own terms, what does it

mean to you.

Get in shape. Get healthy. Get good grades. Be confident.