Is it a sin to have a passion for something?

Well I really liked soccer, and I've gotten an injury that has kept me from playing I was thinking it was God giving me a sign to not play. But I had a passion for soccer.. An I really want to play. I pray about it everyday ,but I seem to not hear God. Or hear his answer.. I don't think God would take soccer from me cause it was something fun, and It help me get closer to God.. And why would God give me something and then take it from me.. Why give it to me in the first place.. Well I kinda wanted to know if it was a sin to have a passion for soccer.. Or a sin to play sports.. Thanks and this is a serious question and don't laugh. Give serious answers

• Moi
    Favorite Answer

as long as it does not take you from God

maybe you could mentor/coach

its not a sin to have passion for something (even soccer)... but maybe pray about more important things like world hunger?? and i dont think God has injured you to keep you from playing soccer everyone gets injurys and its because you've had an accident or you have just over worked your body

i suggest you keep playing

From your perspective it would be a sin to play soccer if you were playing to glorify yourself. If you were playing to glorify God, it would not be a sin. The question, of course, is how you differentiate between the two. I do not personally know, however, every person, expert or otherwise, whom I have heard comment on the question agrees that the difference is in your attitude. Be a christian on the field as well as off it.

Temperance is key in anything. You cannot serve God and Mammon. A lot of questions people ask need to be answered by themselves otherwise life serves no purpose. And who said god gave it to you in the first place? You have more power than you think. If was a simple issue of needing to have questions answered and proof given to you, that could be done in an instant. The fact that that rarely happens suggest something else's needs to be done first. Belief in god, just for that sake in itself helps no one, especially when the bigger issue is to know what you really are.

No. Anything that brings you closer to God is good. Anything that turns you away from God is bad.

Only if that passion exceeds your passion for God