I would like to know I'm not the only one?

I'm a guy who will be 18 in two months, and I have an over protective mother. I can see why because I am the last son in the house and the family is broken up.

However she seems to think that I'll be living with her forever, or that she won't let me move out. For example: she had money saved up to get me a car when I get my license, however she won't take me driving to get my hours in to get my license. I've had my permit since I was 16. Ridiculous.

About 2 months ago I told her that I was joining the military, but moving across the US first to be with all my friends that I actually have(I have none where I'm at right now) and suddenly she can't afford a car JUST for me because she spent the money. However she wants to get a "spare car" for me to drive. I take that as "I want to get a car that I can boss you around in".

This affects everything, I can't go on dates without a car to get there and/or pick up my date. (I've met a lot of girls that i would have loved to go on dates with, of whom have liked me, but i can't) I can't get a job either. I won't be able to move out because I won't own a car.

I'm thinking I'm going to tell her that unless the car is specifically mine,I won't work nor will I drive at all.

Now if I can only get my license. I hate where my life is so bad right now, I can't stand it.

Favorite Answer

*Reality Check* Life isn't fair, deal with it.

Get a job and work for the things you want. How do you want to go out on dates if you still have to ASK mom for money in the first place? You are complaining that you need a car and making it an excuse as to why you don't have a job. But your mom wants to get a spare car so why won't you take advantage of it who cares if it isn't technically yours.

You don't need a car to go on dates or move out. Be independent. Get public transport. Walk or cycle. You don't need to own your own car to drive and you don't need to drive everywhere. I'm fourteen and I can get almost anywhere without my parents driving me.

If your dad is in your life contact him and ask for help. Once you are 18 you can leave and she can't stop you.

TRANQUILO HERMANO TODO A SU TIEMPO NO TE DESESPERES LLEGA A UN ACUERDO CON TU MDRE