No access to front door, is this legal?

So we told our landlord 2 and a half months ago when we moved in, that when the washing machine was running, raw sewage backed up into the bath tub and toilet... 3 days ago he decided to fix it. In snaking the line he damaged part of the pipe. The landlord has now hired a plumber who has been working on it from 7 am to about 2 am every day. My question is, they tore out my front lawn which is on a hill with stairs and cut out the sidewalk. Now I'm 39 weeks pregnant and walking over a 3 foot gap, jumping the 5 foot fence and scaling the manor stone wall just doesn't sound safe. Do I have any say in this or am I just trapped in my house?

Favorite Answer

You can ask the landlord and/or the plumber nicely if they can fix something up for you to help you get around the project because of your condition. They will find a way to help you, unless you stomp up there demanding they do something because you have "rights".

Their obligated to maintain its safe and a fit premises. notify them in writing, if they don't comply u have grounds to break the lease, or contact your local court house. They can arrange for you to pay your rent directly to them, and then not release it to the landlord until the landlord complies

If that's what it takes to fix the pipe, then that's whatthey have to do...

before i answer; what other options are there?