Is this fair to ground your child over?

I didn't do my SAT homework for the last class, because I thought we weren't assigned homework over spring break. So the guy said it was fine and just for me to make it up next class. So I am, but then they send home a letter to my parents saying I didn't complete the home work, I'm like okay whatever I know already and I'll just explain I miss understood. But then before I even get a chance to talk, I'm grounded, got my phone taken away, my iPod, my laptop and I can't go to my best friends birthday tomorrow. Does this seem fair over a simple miss understand? This is the first time in my life I've ever been grounded and I have done things worse than this -_-.

Favorite Answer

Sit your parents down and explain. Ask that they give you a chance to tell your side and assure them that you have already spoke with your teacher about turning in your work late due to a misunderstanding. Hopefully they will listen. Just don't raise your voice or launch into a rant.