Can I skip/defer a Chase mortgage payment?

I was recently diagnosed with skin cancer and had to have surgery to have it removed. My portion of the cost was $2,000. My mortgage is through Chase. Can I skip a payment and defer it to the end of my loan? That would give me the money to pay the bill. Has anyone with Chase done this? If so, is there a fee? Hoping to find someone who has specifically done this with a Chase mortgage if possible.

Favorite Answer

You should have thought about this BEFORE getting a mortgage!

• oppie

Chase Mortgage Bill Pay

Chase won't do this.

Call that hospital or doctor and get on a 6 month payment plan.

They will do this for free.

If it's a doctors office and they refuse a payment plan. Send them this letter.

I will pay you in 4 installments of $--- each. And send your payment.

One of these days, consider setting up a saving account and getting your

5 months of income Emergency Savings Fund.

Do not eat out, or even buy cokes in cans until you get this together.

You are clearly suffering a Personal Hardship. Notify Chase of this in WRITING. Ask for a refinance in the letter. Making phone calls is superfuous. Based on experience, the humans at Chase don't make notes on your file like they are supposed to. So no one else will know what you are talking about the next time you call. Always put things in writing, be nice, be direct and add evidence of your medical expenses, your diagnosis, etc. Without the supporting documents, they wont consider the temporary refinance.

Source(s): Paralegal

to enable you recognize so which you are able to use a third party is between the biggest scams accessible. The bi-weekly element will paintings, yet you do not might desire to be in a application to do it. you are able to deliver a million/2 the fee and then the subsequent a million/2 in 14 days (computerized draft out of your checking works terrific. you will proceed to authorize drafts each and every 14 days. this way, you will make the greater desirable fee a year, PLUS the pastime doesnt have a gamble to construct up for the entire month until now getting knocked down back.