No name. asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

Drinking water before meals, good or bad?

A lot of websites say you should, so you can take less food intake.

But I've read that it causes the stomach to bulge..

Because the water remains in the stomach along with food for a long time and causes stomach stretch.

So, what do you say?

Favorite Answer

The “plug” in the bottom of your stomach is a stoma not a valve. It can be pushed open, so when you drink during a meal the liquid can push the food out of your stomach pouch and down into your intestines. There are two reasons you should care:

This frees up extra room in your stomach pouch so you’ll eat more during that meal. You’ll feel hungry again sooner.

A recommendation that I’ve stumbled across is the 15/30 rule. Don’t drink anything from 15 minutes before a meal until 30 minutes after a meal. This isn’t a license to under-hydrate, just a guideline on when to drink.

• ?

Your stomach expands 6 times anyways, if you drink water you get your water intake and it really does decrease food intake!

It's water. I highly doubt that it's gonna kill you. I just drink it with my meal and don't have a big of portions. That way I'm filled And still healthy

dont know

okay..