What is LSD used for?

So like whats the point I know it makes you hallucinate but whats the point of LSD ??

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

LSD dates back to the Salem Witch Trials. The women who were thought of as "Witches" were experience weird symptoms which included high body temperature and losing control of their bodies.

These women were also worked in those tall grasses you see by water or swamps. Those tall grasses are called Reed Grass.

Reed Grass contains small amounts of the LSD compound, which these women were breathing in for hours daily. So eventually, they were affected by LSD.

Back then, there was no technology to discover what LSD was. No one knew the LSD was on these grasses until the late 1930's.

So the only explanation anyone could think of for the women's weird behavior was that they were witches.

The hallucinogenic symptoms weren't discovered until a scientist kept taking LSD over and over again to learn it's effects.

LSD was eventually used in the United States for people with psychological problems because the colors they saw made them feel happy and pleasure. It was used to treat the mentally ill.

Source(s): Forensic Science.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

What Is Lsd Used For

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axaoV

LSD is one of the safest substances people take for recreational effects or use as a mental tool. There are no long term effects from taking LSD, although there may be long term effects from how one handles the experience of altered perception and ego loss. Some will panic, try and fight the experience, stubbornly keep hold of their previous perception of their reality and find them selves having a negative traumatic experience. This may then lead to PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder), just like as attained from any traumatic experience. Although, you would be better off waiting until your brain has finished fully physically developing and to be sure, possibly some kind of psychological screening/assessment first. Just make sure you are well read on the subject from reliable, accurate and non-biased sources, and that you pay proper attention to set and setting. There is the vague possibility of 'contracting' what is called HPPD (hallucinogen perception persisting disorder) where by one perceives their sensory input similar to how when they where experiencing the hallucinogen. This is mainly down to how the sub- and pre-consciousness filters sensory input and processing,. These filters and processes are altered during the hallucinogenic experience, in those with HPPD, their consciousness notices sensory input otherwise 'filtered out'. This is a case of training themselves to accept or ignore the extraneous sensory information, there is also a link to PTSD, possibly being the cause of HPPD. There may be a possibility of paranoid and/or schizophrenic psychosis elicited from continuous dosing of LSD, but this is rendered near impossible by the 'tolerance' issue. The dose would need to be at least doubled every day LSD is taken to elicit a response, this would have to be taken in this fashion for weeks for any psychosis to occur. LSD will not induce mental conditions per se, although if one has certain underlying mental conditions they may surface earlier than without taking LSD. Also, suppressed personal issues may very well surface and force one to deal with them. Although most find this cathartic, and some purposely take LSD for this reason, it may not be what one is wanting at that time. So LSD's real long term effects are how such an epiphany inducing experience will change ones life. For the vast majority its for the better. A friend of mine has had many a session with LSD, one year nearly every weekend, and he has had no issues appear that he didn't already have, and none more have surfaced over a decade later. He has used LSD for good times, investigating and experimenting with consciuosness, perceptions of reality and sensory processing, artistic muse, conceptual problem solving and personal 'soul centering' and reflecting on his life's direction. Although you are too young to join the online forums, you can still browse them for more info. Check out my sources below. And Aero just beat me to it, damn it ;)

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

RE:

What is LSD used for?

So like whats the point I know it makes you hallucinate but whats the point of LSD ??

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

The one practical use for LSD is interrogations. It is used for that because it can be so scary you cannot help to tell the truth. I'm not sure if they use it in the US but they do in other countries

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It was invented by accident. It has been the subject of psychological experimentation, both legitimate and illegitimate, for many years. It has sometimes been suggested that it may have some possible application as a psychiatric therapy or as some kind of chemical weapon. As far as I know it's never been formally approved for any practical use.

• D
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

It's a "internal microscope" as Dr. Timothy Leary described.

• 8 years ago

Forward by the distinguished Stanley Krippner, Ph.D.-Author

Provocative and Enlightening Book Dissects the Human Consciousness

“The Far-Off Land” philosophically evaluates the hallucinogenic drug-experience and

intends to collect the perspectives of philosophy for better understanding of the human

consciousness, improve the cure to mental illness

– A credible resource classifies hallucinogens as psychoactive drugs

that could cause subjective changes in human perception, thought, emotion, and consciousness—inducing

experiences qualitatively different from those of ordinary consciousness. To gain a deeper understanding about

this perennially interesting subject, author Eugene Seaich attempts to dissect the human consciousness to

provoke and enlighten the readers’ mind in The Far-Off Land, a revealing book that presents a philosophical

evaluation of the hallucinogenic drug-experience.

This book is a cerebral piece of literature that attempts to discover the broader realities that lie behind

psychogenic phenomena and seek a pattern that will explain the longing of human being for the Beyond, for the

otherworldly substance of their intuition. Seaich will take readers on a trip through millennia, offer them

glimpses of the forthcoming and explore deeper his own psyche—and experiences with LSD and mescaline—in

order for them to discover a more profound and broader understanding of the mind and human consciousness.

Guided by a cardinal principle, Seaich captures the philosophical prospects and covers a great background of

other relevant fields of study that promote psychotropic knowledge to better understand human consciousness—

and to ultimately improve humanity’s cure to mental illness and even solve life’s mysteries.

Filled with tremendous meaning and insight, revelations and wisdom, historical facts and quotes from the

world’s greatest minds and literature, The Far-Off Land is an intelligent and poetic prose that will inform

readers about human consciousness and inspire them about life, including its complexities, a journey full of

realizations and value. Stanley Krippner, PH.D. Co-author DEMESTIFING SHAMANS AND THEIR WORLD

Now available

An attempt at a philosophical evaluation of the hallucinogenic drug experience.

By PH.D. Eugene Seaich

http://www.lulu.com/shop/eugene-seaich/the-far-off...

Has performed lectures on LSD and psychedelics. And has writings in The University of Utah's pharmacological journal.

My name is Eric Hendrickson. Grandson of Eugene. And The far land was left to me when he died. I was destined to receive this book and its gives me great purpose that I get his work out there for the world to see.

Please Invite your friends to this group...

Thank you, for your support.

Eric Hendrickson.

email me or call ez28bluesky@live.com 8015034524 thanks Eric Hendrickson

Source(s): It has seemed to me that the well-established properties of the hallucinogenic drugs might be well employed to enable us to explore this far-off land, which is in effect our subconscious mind.
  • There is some evidence of it helping chronic alcoholics. And it wasn't 'reed grass', it was ergotine, fungus, from infected grain.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Government was looking for mind control.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.