Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 8 years ago

What are the 7 kingdoms in game of thrones?

I've just started watching it but i don't really understand what the 7 kingdoms are or what "war" they are talking about. I do understand who the characters are so you could explain it using them. Im only at episode 5 of season 1 so no spoilers please. Thnx

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Seven Kingdoms at the time they were unified by the Targaryn’s were:

1. The Kingdom of the North

2. The Kingdom of Vale and Skye

3. The Kingdom of Isles and Rivers

4. The Kingdom of the Rock

5. Kingdom of the Reach

6. Kingdom of the Stormlands

7. Dorne

That unification took place hundreds of years before the events you are now seeing in Game of Thrones.

After the unification they were broken up into 9 districts of one overall Kingdom which was ruled from the Iron Throne (located at the city of Kings Landing) by the Targaryn family for a very long time. Those districts are:

1. The North

2. The Iron Islands

3. The Riverlands

4. The Vale

5. The Westerlands

6. The Crownlands (where Kings Landing is located)

7. The Reach

8. The Stormlands

9. Dorne

Each of the other 8 districts has a "Lord" who is pretty much like a governor, who then reports to the King.

The war they are usually talking about at the point you are at is Robert’s Rebellion which took place about 15 years before the events you are seeing in Game in Thrones. In that rebellion the Targaryn’s reign was ended by Robert Baratheon (with help from Eddard Stark and others) who then began his own reign as King of the Seven Kingdoms. Even though the realm is really still organized into those 9 districts the entire kingdom is still referred to as the Seven Kingdoms as it was traditionally known so long ago.

During the first season a new war begins concerning the Iron Throne and after that point ths new war is usually the war they are referring to unless otherwise noted.

• 4 years ago

Game Of Thrones 7 Kingdoms

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Game Of Thrones Kingdoms

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What are the 7 kingdoms in game of thrones?

I've just started watching it but i don't really understand what the 7 kingdoms are or what "war" they are talking about. I do understand who the characters are so you could explain it using them. Im only at episode 5 of season 1 so no spoilers please. Thnx

Source(s): 7 kingdoms game thrones: https://shortly.im/mHcyS
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.