helen asked in HealthOther - Health · 7 years ago

Is marijuana considered a drug?

Is marijuana considered a drug? An why do some people say its not? I believe it is but my boyfriend says its not.... Soo if it is reasons why? And if not reason. Is acid considered a drug or something else?

Favorite Answer

Marijuana, also called cannabis, pot or hash is a drug, in the UK it is a class B drug, if caught with it the police can give you a street caution as long as its the first time, if its the second time you will be arrested, some people say it has healing properties for many illnesses including MS and diabetes, in the USA you can have prescribed cannabis for medical reasons I believe but I am not sure on this, I only really know the UK law, as for acid, also known as LSD, is a class A drug, it is a criminal offence to have it, whilst the drug itself is not overly harmfull it causes hallucinations and can be highly dangerous causing people to think they can fly and jump off buildings, it has caused many deaths in the UK.

Yes, it is a drug like many others, it is true that it comes from nature, like many others.

The bad part of drugs is that they create addiction, everything that creates the "need to have" is considered a drug.

Some are less harmfull than others, but they are not healthy any ways. In the case of Marijuana it contains THC which is a the same natural chemical that is produced by the hippocampus in our brain, but in a very small quantity, the quantity that our Creator considered necessary for us to function correctly (think, memorize, and learn correctly) . If we consume THC in a regular basis, our brain will start not producing it, so the need of it will begin and there it will start the "roll": need, consume, need consume and so on until not only the brain will be compromised but also the lungs, the PH and the sickness will show off and it will be no way back to the original health. On the other side it will harm the social relation with the family and true friends that are prosperous and live a healthy life.

I suggest all of you to stay away from it and any other drugs!

Marijuana is a drug http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/ma...

And Acid is not a drug, acids are in a lot of things like lemons, fruit, soda, ect. Just things we eat/drink everyday....

• D

Some weed smokers get all nostalgic about it, claiming it to be more a gift from ________ (a deity, nature, etc.) than a drug. But THC is a drug, meets the definition anyway. Me, I don't care either way.

Morphine is also a give of nature, as is cyanide...

you would be idiotic to say it is not a 'Drug' because the fact stands that it is.

Although that being said marijuana (weed) is taken lightly in today's society by the younger community such as myself and although it could potentially cause harm to you the fact is that most of us know of more people dying from cancer possibly caused by smoking cigarettes than people dying from smoking weed or getting cancer because of it, nobody dyes off weed and that is why it is taken lightly.

But seriously how could you say weed is a bad drug when more people dye from paracetamol that it!!!

It is an herb, a plant. It's no exceptional, to me, than any of the herbal therapies which are sold in any store within the nutrition aisle. OTOH, it is a drug, on account that it may be used medicinally, identical to the aforementioned herbs. But it surely must not be illegal. Simply my opinion.

Yes it is a drug doctors even use it as a drug yes it does heal but it makes your mind wierd and not work right so I think so

• Jaiyla4 years agoReport

you dumb as **** my *****