Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 7 years ago

Have you heard of Windows Blue?

It's not released yet, but it's basically Windows 8 SP1, and you gotta pay for it since they're adding "features" in addition to the usual "fixes". What do you think?

I think it's idiotic to rename is as such, in addition to charging for it.

Also, in addition to this useless Windows 8 version of Office 2010 (Office 365), Office Gemini is coming out for Blue. What a smart way to rename their products! ^_^

@Me

I think it's idiotic to use Apple products.

Favorite Answer

Blue is a development codename and not the final name of the update. It will simply be called Windows 8.1 and be sold as Windows 8.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operatin...

So they are going to sell it but it will replace the current version of Windows 8 that's on store shelves now. In addition, there's no word on if it will cost current users of Windows 8 to upgrade to 8.1. I'm guessing that it will be a free download.

Office 365 is the subscription version of Office 2013, not 2010. Office 365 does make sense for those who have multiple PCs since it only costs $100 per year for up to 5 computers. I personally don't have any use for it since I prefer LibreOffice.

- Dominic

I think it's idiotic to use Microsoft products.