Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 8 years ago

car stalls if gas pedal not pressed.?

2001 audi a4 quattro starts up then stalls if i dont press the gas pedal a little.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Problem with the idle control (dirty throttle body, dirty idle air control valve, idle too low), fuel delivery problems (dirty filter, failing pump, dirty injectors), ignition problems (weak spark, dead on several cylinders, low compression, running too lean).

You need to take it to a mechanic for a professional diagnosis, all we can do is guess.

• 8 years ago

RAFEAL read carefully I am a TOTAL audi nutcase! Your FOOT only adds more AIR tot he negine nad has NTOHING to =do with gas at all! Consider it to be the 'AIR" pedal and not the "GAS" pedal! this is NTO an egngine with a CARBURETOR! ALLAUDI engiens require SPECAIL engein oil that is 100% synthetic ONLY! There are NO substitues,. This means NO VALVOLINE evver and the words ?vw-aud spec numbers 502/505"MUST appear on the OIL label or you WILL HAVE EXPENSVIE trouble on down the road! This means MOBIL ONE 0W-40, AMSOIL, or PENNZOIL ULTRA EUROPEAN oil! ULTRA gives you a 15 year, 500k mile WARRANTY against oil related woes, including GASKET and SEAL leaks and TURBO expenses! AMSOIL is good for 25k between changing. <<<TAKE $20-30>> to any OIL CHANGE center and have them clean the THROTTLE BODY and the IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE! Teh IAC adds MROE air under directions fromt eh o2 sensors! if yo LEARN where the IAC vavle is and KEEP IT CLEAN you wil lNEVER have EXhAUST or CONVERTER issues EVER! BAD oil wil RUIN that engien in a few short years. GET A FULL MOTOR FLUSHING and hten use the PROEPR engienoil! It is ALWAYS the OIL choices that ruin an AUDI engine or the use of IMPRoper COOLANTS like PRESTONE! This is NOT a CAVALIER or LUMINA here! DO NO TRISK RUING your negine and CONVERTER by NOT caring for this issue NOW! AMSOIL POWER FAOM can be your BEST friend!If you have ANY question please E-mail ME! I have AUDI cars running around out there with 350k Trouble FREE miles, excpet for TIRES brake pads and TIMING BELT kit! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Source(s): FIND the IAC VA and THROTTLE BODY and run CLENAER through them It is VERY olikely that you have BROKEN crankcase ventialtion hoses by now from CHEAP ER oil use! OILCHOICES are CRITICAL to the audi VW engines. EUROPEAN gas and oil are DIFFERENT form ours, and EUROPEAN Oil is ALL you can use here!
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Best bet is scan your car for codes to see what it comes up with. It also could be there's a vacuum leak or bad throttle controller.

Source(s): yourmechanic.com
  • John
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Fuel filter? Air filter in good conditions

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.