Can I be Approved for a mortgage using a VA home loan?

I am a 100% srevice connected disabled Veteran who was deemed unemployable due to my disabilities. I am willing to put up between 15 and 20 Thousand Dollars for a down payment on the House. The only reason the VA home loan sounds better to me than a normal home loan, is that since im disabled, I will not have to... show more I am a 100% srevice connected disabled Veteran who was deemed unemployable due to my disabilities. I am willing to put up between 15 and 20 Thousand Dollars for a down payment on the House. The only reason the VA home loan sounds better to me than a normal home loan, is that since im disabled, I will not have to pay a funding fee and I will not have to pay any closing costs using the VA home loan. I have a credit score of around 700. Can I use my monthly VA disability compensation payments ( which is around $3000/month which equates to over $700 per week of tax free income) as my only proof of steady income to get approved for a mortgage?, Im planning on living in a suburb of Buffalo NY, where a nice decent home can be found for around $140,000. Im thinking/hoping so, especially with up to a 20 Thousand Dollar down payment? advice or thoughts anyone? thanks
5 answers 5