The Arkansas Derby / Sat.@Oaklawn Park /What are your Selections and Comments?
The Road to the Triple Crown
1 1/8 Miles / Open / 3 Year olds / Stakes G1 / Purse:1,000,000
Surface:Dirt / Race 10 / Post 5:28 CT - 6:28 ET / TV: NBC Sports Network
To Qualify for Best Answer Select:
One Horse to Win
One Horse to Place
One Horse to Show
And Alternate Horses in the Event of a Scratch ( Optional )
Must List Both Name and Number of Horse.
Free PDF Past Performances
PP, Horse, Jockey, Weight, Trainer, Odds
1. Carve (KY), R Santana Jr., 118, S M Asmussen, 20/1
2. War Academy (KY), M E Smith, 118, B Baffert, 2/1
3. Divine Ambition (KY), J Graham, 118, D Miller, 20/1
4. Falling Sky (PA), M Garcia, 122, J P Terranova II, 10/1
5. Den's Legacy (FL), R Albarado, 122, B Baffert, 6/1
6. Heaven's Runway (KY), I Ocampo, 122, J R Martin, 30/1
7. Texas Bling (TX), C H Borel, 122, D Durham, 20/1
8. Frac Daddy (KY), V Lebron, 118, K G McPeek, 15/1
9. Overanalyze (KY), R Bejarano, 122, T A Pletcher, 4/1
10. Oxbow (KY), G L Stevens, 122, D W Lukas, 5/2
The Blue Jay Factor
Win ( 2 ) War Academy
Plc ( 9 ) Overanalyze
Shw ( 5 ) Den`s Legacy
Alt ( 10 ) Oxbow goes to 3rd place if any is Declared
"May the Horse be with You"
Win ( 9 ) Overanalyze - $9.40 - $5.60 - $ 4.60
Plc ( 8 ) Frac Daddy - $16.80 - $11.00
Shw ( 1 ) Carve - $8.60
$2 Ex ( 9-8 ) $195.40
$1 Tri ( 9-8-1) $1,264.30
$1 Super ( 9-8 -1-4 ) $10,047.20
Also Ran ( in order )
No Exs or Tris
2 picked Overanalyze to Win ( Priority # 3 )
Pace and Show points are Applied:
Rusty Nails - 11 - Best Answer
Jeris G. - 7 - Runner Up
The BJ/SS Road to the Triple Crown Leaderboard.
25 Races / Winners Picked
Sandra S. - 7
Rusty Nails - 6
Queen Kaitlin - 5
Dalmation Appreaciation - 4
LauraRoss - 4
Ponygirl - 3
Barb - 3
Jeris G. - 3
Blue Jay - 2
JSC - 2
Tony - 2
Topica Tacopa - 2
Robert - 2
Ernie Belmonte - 1
Starlight 1 - 1
frostitute - 1
Aaron - 1
- Rusty NailsLv 57 years agoBest Answer
w- 9. Overanalyze
p- 10. Oxbow
s- 5. Den's Legacy
alt- 2. War Academy
- JSCLv 67 years ago
Win/ 10/ Oxbow- Like the Gary Stevens, D W Lukas combo
Place/ 9/ Overanalyze
Show/ 5/ Den's Legacy
Alt/ 4/ Falling Sky
Alt/ 2/ War Academy
Thx for hosting Blue Jay. And, also, with YOU !!!!
- Sandra S.Lv 77 years ago
WIN 10. Oxbow- Hoping for a big effort here, as most handicappers, we want to see what Oxbow can do with a good trip?! Last time he had a good trip he won by over 11 lengths. Running style looks to fit Gary Stevens perfectly. Pedigree shows 1 1/4 miles on both sides.
Place 9. Overanalyze- Watch out he's looking to rebound here, could be there.
Show 5. Den's Legacy- Consistant always right there against the best.
Alternate 2. War Academy- Maybe another speed ball like Bodemeister here. Impressive 1st, SA AlwOC (3/15/2013-R2). I actually thought about picking him somewhere above, but loyalty got the better of me..lol.
Alternate 4. Falling Sky - Has 2 good races at Tampa.
Thx for Hosting Blue Jay.. Excited to see these prep race this week. :)
Enjoy the race!!!
@ Zombie Birdhouse- Wow, that was an unexpected, shocking and very upsetting article. Thx for posting though, as we should be informed, it's our right know these things.
- 7 years ago
Win: (5) Den's Legacy
Place: (10) Oxbow
Show: (9) Overanalyse
Alternate: (2) War Academy
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Jeris GLv 67 years ago
Win: 9 - Overanalyze - Stalker, distance not a problem.
Place: 10 - Oxbow - Added 1/16th might be a problem as he usually gets gassed at end.
Show: 2 - War Academy - Not sure why he's the favorite. Good post position, trainer, and jockey, but took 4th in his only graded stakes race and added distance could be a question. Wouldn't be surprised if he won, but I don't think he will.
Alt: 4 - Falling Sky
Thanks for Hosting Blue Jay!
- Anonymous7 years ago
4 falling sky
2 war academy
5 dens legacy
10 oxbow (alt)
- Topica TacopaLv 57 years ago
win- #2 War Academy- Should be ready now.
place- #10 Oxbow- Should be close.
show- #5 Den's Legacy- Albarado up.
alt- #9 Overanalyze- Top Jock
- Zombie BirdhouseLv 77 years ago
10. Oxbow (KY), G L Stevens, 122, D W Lukas, 5/2 ////// 2. War Academy (KY), M E Smith, 118, B Baffert, 2/1 ////// 8. Frac Daddy (KY), V Lebron, 118, K G McPeek, 15/1 ---- it'll be interesting if the turf scribes have the guts to ask Baffert about the Thoroughbred fatalities associated with his barn over the past months....you can run, but you can't hide. http://www.paulickreport.com/
- 7 years ago
W - Texas Bling
P - Den's Legacy
S - Oxbow
ALT: Falling Sky
- Queen Kaitlin.Lv 47 years ago
win - (10) Oxbow
place - (2) War Academy
show - (4) Falling Sky
alt. - (5) Den's Legacy