Do children belong to the state, or to their parents, how can parental rights be protected?

If the federal government had the capability to take things to the severe that you're suggesting then no person could be allowed to raise their children. It is quite simply unattainable to remove every single hazard that's available. You are declaring that you simply suppose parental rights must be outdated only for feeding a child whatever that you simply feel is unsafe. The federal government isn't even just right at getting children whose mothers and fathers don't feed them in any respect. What are you pondering? When does it stop? Should a little one be removed from a dwelling due to the fact that there is one unprotected outlet or due to the fact there's a piece of lint on the floor they could choke on? And what's going to occur to all of those youngsters that the federal government takes? Are they going to be in orphanages? Or in foster care? Is that so much better than a mum or dad letting their 6 month old devour off of their plate? Get a grip and think about the consequences for only a minute. Perhaps you'll be in a position to reply your own question.

Traditionally, and in Biblical times, in some cultures, children belonged to their parents until marriage. Under the laws of God, that is still true, so the State has no jurisdiction.

Source(s): The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. JW dot org

I hope that the women that said children do not actually belong to their parents did not mean it. I raised my kids the way I thought was best and they turned out pretty good. However, school systems and society have long dictated how parents raise their children, so this philosophy should not really surprise any of us.

children dont "belong" to anyone! they are however in the care of their PARENTS, and it is the PARENTS responsibility to care for THEIR child, NOT the community. that lady is a social idiot.

edit: glenn, CONSERVATIVES thumb down the constitution? hmmm last time i checked we value the constitution more than anyone.

Sadly this is part of the New World Order and Obama backs it all.

Source(s): CNN
  • Mark

IO respect parents who raise their children right (teach them morals that befit society, and want what's best for them), but some kids do better raised by the community. I say what ever works best for the kid, (s)he should be the main priority. know what I mean?

Source(s): that's what I've got to say about that.

Yeah they spout this sh*t about "community" but what they don't want is for people to have the freedom to define who their community is made up of. Voluntary association is highly frowned upon. "Community" on someone else's terms is not a community at all.

Let me have a say in regulating what community I am part of , and who is part of mine, and then we can perhaps talk about children being "ours."

• L.T.M.

Another wanna-be commie idiot spills the beans. She needs a refresher course in doublespeak. She's way too obvious.

We all belong to the state. We are given the illusion of freedom, which makes for more productive slaves.

lol, I was just thinking about how the parents of some children who lost custody of their children b/c of neglect and then kidnapped them to go to Cuba must be Retardicans who use this argument.