Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

Do you prefer reading/writing third person or first person?

Personally, I prefer third person when I KNOW I'm going to have to show the POVs for multiple characters. I don't really like it when an author uses first person and then randomly third person to show something. If I read first person, I like finding things out when the main character does.

As for reading, I don't prefer one over the other. I just think I write better in third person.

Best Answer

I love to read in third person limited, however I find it easier for myself to write in the first person.

Source(s): My personal preferences
  • Marcus

In my opinion, I prefer reading first person so I can get a sense of the main character's thoughts and feelings, and what he/she thinks about the other characters. I know third person narratives do this, but I prefer in first person form. As for writing, it depends on what I'm writing, but I usually write in first.

I like to write in third person and read in third person c: I'm not a big fan of first person but I don't mind reading it.

• Erika

First guy or woman: I purely write in this POV whilst i've got faith that whoever reads it somewhat has to correctly known the way the character is feeling and what he/she is going via. In right here you will discover each thing the character's questioning, and why they doing what they're going to do. third guy or woman: My popular. In third guy or woman, you are able to write something and show what proportion distinctive characters are feeling, multi functional financial disaster. and you are able to merely approximately in no way sound biased. I write in third guy or woman the main. yet now and lower back i'm going to do issues the place in a financial disaster a undeniable character is telling the tale.

• Dante

I actually write both third and first.... To me, It's a little more confusing to write in first but it's fun.. As for reading, either is fine...

if you write in first person and you don't like it then it wont come out write, if you right in third person than it will come out perfect!

doesn't matter how people like to read the books, it only comes out great if you do how you like it :)

Source(s): i'm a writer

Honestly, I like it either way. In third, a novel sounds more sophisticated. In first, the book sounds a bit more laid back. But that's just my personal opinion.

• Linda

I like first person. Makes it clearer for me to understand just one person's feelings and thoughts at a time. :)