If I go swimming when I'm pregnant, will my baby drown?

My boyfriend said this happened to his cousin and I shouldn't go in the water. Is he right?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Corina
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The baby lives in fluid ....

• 8 years ago

Your boyfriend is misinformed. Swimming is actually recommended for pregnant women! It helps ease the pressure on your belly and back. :-) Your baby will remain perfectly healthy. In fact, until she is out of the womb, she only uses her lungs for practice. She actually lives inside the amniotic fluid.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

your boyfriend is wrong. your baby is inside your uterus, surrounded by amniotic fluid 24-7. he will not and cannot drown, he is already submerged in liquid.

there is no way for the pool water to go into your amniotic sac. swimming while pregnant is perfectly safe and might even be good for your baby.

to see for yourself, google "amniotic fluid"

• 8 years ago

No, babies are living in water before born and its not even breathing yet, besides swimming is good excersize for when you are pregnant.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Please tell me you're kidding...

Your boyfriend is either very gullible or was joking with you. Babies cannot drown while they are unborn inside their mothers.

Babies are encased in amniotic fluid. They cannot breathe air at this point, therefore they cannot drown.

Please, for the love of Pete, educate yourself - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amniotic_fluid

• 8 years ago

Wow, I dont understand how you or him actually believe that.

• 8 years ago

No way

• 8 years ago

lol no

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.